Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It's going to be expensive to get cap compliant. Don't let the price tag shock you.

Oilers must know either they got a trade or someone making around 5mill a year won be available for most of next year.

Most of us our thinking Kane gone til the playoffs but on another site it suggested Leon( I do not believe it)

I fully expect the oilers to exploit the loophole and the nhl to step in

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
With 8 dman signed, I wonder if Brown will go to the AHL if all guys are healthy. He won’t get claimed with a 3 year deal.

Feels like JJ has a move in store with the defense though.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Oilers must know either they got a trade or someone making around 5mill a year won be available for most of next year.

Most of us our thinking Kane gone til the playoffs but on another site it suggested Leon( I do not believe it)

I fully expect the oilers to exploit the loophole and the nhl to step in
We have the recent Patrick Marleau precedent to look back on. Reused narratives.
You think they would purposely go over cap without any plan?
I never said that. You did.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The highlight of Foegele's career with Edmonton is that if you squint while he's carrying the puck into the Ozone he looks like Mcdavid for a second. Then you unsquint your eyes and realize it's Foegele and nothing is going to happen.

Warren Foegele might have the least accurate shot I’ve ever witnessed.

If he had hands he would be a 30 goal player that is coveted, but unfortunately for him and his pocket book he doesn’t. Good in almost every other respect than hands.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
JJ said it's well known around the league by the players know how great our leadership is, how well our players our treated, and know that Katz is an owner that will provide anything needed to support players.

Moneybag Katz rarely get's flowers around here. But I've always maintained we're pretty lucky to have a home town billionaire with a passion for hockey and bringing a Cup home here. As an owner, he's doing his job which essentially entails opening his wallet. And he's always been more than willing to open his wallet.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I’m okay with trading McLeod as Noah Philp will be next in line to play 4C

I wonder what happens with Lavoie with us being pretty flush with wingers now.

I hope they can keep him around and find him some playing time. He’s a big strong kid who can score. I’d like to see them give him a legitimate opportunity before cutting bait.
I think he will sub in when Perry isn’t playing well

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I wonder what happens with Lavoie with us being pretty flush with wingers now.

I hope they can keep him around and find him some playing time. He’s a big strong kid who can score. I’d like to see them give him a legitimate opportunity before cutting bait.

He’s probably not going to get much time unfortunately as Ryan is likely the 13F. Part of me thought maybe Ryan would retire but it isn’t looking like it.

Lavoie really has to turn heads at training camp to be the 12/13F.

I kinda feel for him. Hes had a couple nice AHL seasons but doesn’t feel like hes getting much of an opportunity here.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
And that is where either Kane is LTIR or Traded. If you are suggesting Nurse and the last 6 years of his contract? It would be so painful to trade him it is not worth it.
It's not a stretch at all that we'd shut down Kane. It happens in the league. The downside is that I believe it means we wouldn't be able to accrue cap space.

But just look at Hall in Chicago. He spent the whole year on LTIR.

The worst case scenario is that we'd have to move assets to make space when Kane returned. If so, we could spend those assets when the problem showed itself. It might not be an issue, if we have another player go down on LTIR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad