Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm not sayin' ... just saying, cap wise this works, I don't mean making a move like this now but at the deadline if Pittsburgh is out, they could send out Kane + McLeod + futures and make it work $$$ wise.

Skinner (3) McDavid (12.5) Hyman (5.5)
Crosby (4.35) Draisaitl (8.5) Arvidsson (4)
Holloway (1) RNH (5.125) Brown (1)
Janmark (1.4) Henrique (3) blank (1)

Ekholm (6) Bouchard (3.9)
Nurse (9) Kulak (2.7)
Broberg (1) Ceci (3.25)
Stetcher (0.77)

Skinner (2.6)
Pickard (1)

Campbell (1.1)
Neal (1.9)
Brown overage (3.25)
Perry overage (500k)

= 87.35 million

If Sid chooses his destination and this is the one he wants, at 50% retained we could make it work.
Yeh let’s not disappoint ourselves with this fantasy. If Sid is going anywhere, he’s going to Colorado. Sid and MacK are good buds, they went on a golf trip together just this summer. Likely MacK is already in Sids ear about coming out west.

I have a Paul Coffey retirement DVD sent to my family after my sister requested it the year he retired.

They actually made one and sent it to us. I will download that here in the future.
Nice. That’s pretty cool. Haven’t seen that one around actually.

I see the Glen Sather tribute DVD around though a lot. And in new, unopened condition lol.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeh let’s not disappoint ourselves with this fantasy. If Sid is going anywhere, he’s going to Colorado. Sid and MacK are good buds, they went on a golf trip together just this summer. Likely MacK is already in Sids ear about coming out west.

I'm not pumping it up, I'm just saying ... it is possible.

I think we could make a more compelling case. Colorado already has won their Cup, if Crosby goes there it'll just be he won a Cup with a team that already won without him.

If he wins one here ... well, Canada's Cup drought of 30+ years is broken, it will be a national celebration, he will have put the team over the top and helped McDavid win his 1st, kinda like a Gretzky-Lemieux 1987 Canada Cup moment. We could sell the shit out of the legacy angle of it.

Is it crazy? Yes. Should the Oilers have it the back of their mind? I think yes. It's doable under the cap.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
I'm not sayin' ... just saying, cap wise this works, I don't mean making a move like this now but at the deadline if Pittsburgh is out, they could send out Kane + McLeod + futures and make it work $$$ wise.

Skinner (3) McDavid (12.5) Hyman (5.5)
Crosby (4.35) Draisaitl (8.5) Arvidsson (4)
Holloway (1) RNH (5.125) Brown (1)
Janmark (1.4) Henrique (3) blank (1)

Ekholm (6) Bouchard (3.9)
Nurse (9) Kulak (2.7)
Broberg (1) Ceci (3.25)
Stetcher (0.77)

Skinner (2.6)
Pickard (1)

Campbell (1.1)
Neal (1.9)
Brown overage (3.25)
Perry overage (500k)

= 87.35 million

If Sid chooses his destination and this is the one he wants, at 50% retained we could make it work.
I think I'd rename Edmonton to Jacksonville if this ever happened lmaoo

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm not pumping it up, I'm just saying ... it is possible.

I think we could make a more compelling case. Colorado already has won their Cup, if Crosby goes there it'll just be he won a Cup with a team that already won without him.

If he wins one here ... well, Canada's Cup drought of 30+ years is broken, it will be a national celebration, he will have put the team over the top and helped McDavid win his 1st, kinda like a Gretzky-Lemieux 1987 Canada Cup moment.

Is it crazy? Yes. Should the Oilers have it the back of their mind? I think yes. It's doable under the cap.
Oilers should make a call like all teams. But it will be a one and done call, as Sid chooses his buddy MacK on an team that is also a contender.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
OK but I still can’t get over how Edmundson, a guy that Montreal couldn’t trade for years, not only gets a fresh contract comparable to the one that just expired, but apparently was being courted by Utah, St. Louis and Boston before signing with LA.

Like I always knew 75% of GMs were dumb but this actually blows my mind lol.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers should make a call like all teams. But it will be a one and done call, as Sid chooses his buddy MacK on an team that is also a contender.

Maybe, maybe not. I think legacy matters for Crosby, winning in Canada, helping McDavid get over the hump, a person like Jackson and McDavid himself could sell that angle pretty well.

It's also interesting that Crosby chooses to play with McDavid in the summer league thing they have over MacKinnon, lol.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Maybe, maybe not. I think legacy matters for Crosby, winning in Canada, helping McDavid get over the hump, a person like Jackson and McDavid himself could sell that angle pretty well.

It's also interesting that Crosby chooses to play with McDavid in the summer league thing they have over MacKinnon, lol.
I’m like 100% on the maybe not train lol. But sure it’s a nice thought and there’s some reasoning for it, but I can’t see it with the bromance Sid and MacK have always had.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I’m like 100% on the maybe not train lol. But sure it’s a nice thought and there’s some reasoning for it, but I can’t see it with the bromance Sid and MacK have always had.

Apparently doesn't like MacK enough to choose him over McDavid in the summer league they play in lol.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Apparently doesn't like MacK enough to choose him over McDavid in the summer league they play in lol.
Hmm I don’t know much about that summer league. But couldn’t there be other factors like location and convenience? Maybe even sponsorship commitments Sid may have?

It’s something. But I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hmm I don’t know much about that summer league. But couldn’t there be other factors like location and convenience? Maybe even sponsorship commitments Sid may have?

It’s something. But I wouldn’t read too much into it.

MacKinnon said it, they play in some kind of elite summer league all of them out East for a few days it sounds like. McDavid and Crosby play together on the same line and they destroy everyone in the league according to MacKinnon, his team never touches the puck or something lol.

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainCaveman

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I don't believe a long list of GMs will be lining up willing to take a contract off the Oilers potential roster this offseason even if that player has value.

That leaves the club with a bit of a conundrum. If left until the last minute it will become a difficult and expensive situation to correct.

I'll believe Kane gets placed on LTIR when I see it.

The holding pattern will drive some of you mad.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
MacKinnon said it, they play in some kind of elite summer league all of them out East for a few days it sounds like. McDavid and Crosby play together on the same line and they destroy everyone in the league according to MacKinnon, his team never touches the puck or something lol.
Oh they play on the same team in the same summer league that Mack also takes part in. How are teams picked though?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oh they play on the same team in the same summer league that Mack also takes part in. How are teams picked though?

From the way MacK made it sound, McDavid and Crosby chose to be on the same team/line. They want to play together. And why not. They know they are generational talents they recognize it in each other.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Brian Dumoulin got moved for a 4th in 2026. I believe in you, Jeff Jackson

Ducks are still $3.5M below the cap floor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad