Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Is it actually true he showed up to camp out of shape, or just some bs made up by Gregor. At the beginning of the season Kane was one of the better players.

If Kane needs hip surgery or other, it could keep him on LTIR till April, that would be excellent, as we are very short on team toughness. What happened to McDavid in the Canuck series was embarrassing with no pushback.

Going based off what was reported. Could be BS made up by Gregor but he did look significantly slower this year. Makes sense knowing what his injuries were.

Healthy Kane is a menace in the playoffs, he takes those cheapshots and fights back. When he is out there with Connor, I'm a lot less worried about players f***ing around with him.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I'd consider a RNH and Skinner swap, but plenty of time to experiment in the season. Regardless, thats two 1st lines and two 3rd lines. You can roll 4 lines all year with that group in any situation.

Agreed, my only concern with Skinner - Drai and Arvidsson is that they might get caved a bit defensively. I would want to see this combination first:

Skinner - Mcdavid - Hyman
Nuge - Drai - Arvidsson

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Agreed, my only concern with Skinner - Drai and Arvidsson is that they might get caved a bit defensively. I would want to see this combination first:

Nuge - Drai - Arvidsson
I think that's a better balanced top 6 tbh. Arvidsson+Nuge make up the 2-way gap between McDavid and Drai, and Skinner is one hell of a finisher in the slot area in a way that Nuge just isn't. Nuge with Drai allows him to be more of a dual scoring/playmaking threat with Arvidsson as his triggerman when he isn't the triggerman himself.

Hollywood55

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Justin Schultz still available? :D
My body could only take so much lol

Enough will get done to not be a legitimate threat of winning the Stanley Cup.

If we rid the team of one questionable contract or add a player that makes the team stronger another bad contract will be added or we will lose a useful player to kick the team down a notch.

Have to keep Bettman and the Board of Governors happy. Keep that revenue sharing train a rollin'.
Bro you were so wrong

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I'd consider a RNH and Skinner swap, but plenty of time to experiment in the season. Regardless, thats two 1st lines and two 3rd lines. You can roll 4 lines all year with that group in any situation.
It makes so much sense. Feels like this is already on the board because on paper both lines work.

Skinner is just as good as fit with McDavid as Hyman is imo, that line would be a net front menace, and Arvy will be Leon's Hyman, while Nuge slides down.

Feels like the pairs are McDavid/Hyman and Drai/Arvy. So Nuge/Arvy holds Leon accountable and McDavid/Hyman holds Skinner accountable, spreads it out.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Nuge - Drai - Arvidsson

Agree with you and @McFlyingV and echo that this is how I feel the top 6 will shake out as well. People will say Leon needs Skinner more for the goal scoring but agree that McDavid - Hyman's possession will work better to cover Skinner's defensive inefficiencies and I think that line becomes a battering ram of offense. They'll outscore every single match up.

While Nuge is not nearly the finisher, he will bring the two way game Leon needs and Arvidsson brings plenty of finish and both have enough playmaking ability to give Leon his looks as well. McDavid will love passing to both Skinner and Hyman, and will still have his own looks on the rush etc.

My one concern is that if Kane is done (LTIRetired) or traded, they will want to pick up a big body for the bottom 6 that can play up in the top 6 when needed. The tough D corps will help so that the top two lines don't get pushed around but having some beef up front is needed as well. Third line is fairly gritty but they won't be going out of their way to punish, they'll just hold their own. Top 6 will be okay with this but will miss Kane at times. Holloway might be able to push back a bit too, but he's still establishing himself so it's a lot to ask for a guy that's more like a Hyman in composure.

Reactions: McIce Whole

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Give Jeff Jackson a round of applause.
He did something no other Oilers past GMS has been able to do and that's putting HFOIL in a 100% positive and happy atmosphere.
f***ing beauty.
1c6943c372187ed186416b895f4eb06c.gif

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Just watched the JJ presser in full.

Dude sounded and looked exhausted and annoyed that he had to waste time doing a presser lol.

Don’t worry JJ, Oilers fans appreciate what you did today.
I keep coming back to HF to see if something else happened and/or to confirm what did happen. Still in shock

They accomplished a ton with very little cap space. Never felt better about Oilers management than tonight lol

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Give Jeff Jackson a round of applause.
He did something no other Oilers past GMS has been able to do and that's putting HFOIL in a 100% positive and happy atmosphere.
f***ing beauty.
1c6943c372187ed186416b895f4eb06c.gif
Lol. So true. Universal acclaim.

I keep coming back to HF to see if something else happened and/or to confirm what did happen. Still in shock

They accomplished a ton with very little cap space. Never felt better about Oilers management than tonight lol
Went and watched Fireworks, and kept checking back. HF was loading slow so I was certain a trade had dropped lol. But it was just slow cell service cause of the crowds.

Reactions: McAsuno

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Cody Ceci, with his many warts, is a better player than Joel Edmunson. LAK used their cap space in the weirdest way.

LAK are so confusing to me, I don’t know wtf they’re doing.

Also, just going to state that I think Van might even miss playoffs next year. Insane PDO last year that realistically wont be replicated and their roster looks worse than last year.

Reminds me kind of like Calgary after we broke them in the playoffs. Insane PDO, goalie that was lights out, everyone with career years etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad