Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
What the wonderful morning to wake up, stood up a little longer to wait if we were going to sign Skinner but nothing. When I woke up and got to train I almost pissed on my pants after seeing that not only we signed Skinner, but got Rico locked up too.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I'm not sure why everyone wants to write off Kane. It seems he was hurt all year and battled through a lot of things. We can put him on LTIR get fixed and let him heal up. Its not like we have a lot of team toughness, which is needed, plus he can score and torture dmen on the forecheck.

Also baffled at people wanting to get rid of Kulak at his current contract.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I'm not sure why everyone wants to write off Kane. It seems he was hurt all year and battled through a lot of things. We can put him on LTIR get fixed and let him heal up. Its not like we have a lot of team toughness, which is needed, plus he can score and torture dmen on the forecheck.

It’s more about being realistic with the cap. If we hadn’t landed Arvidsson AND Skinner I wouldn’t be thinking of offloading him. Now he’s kind of an expensive luxury, and arguably the #7 offensive guy at forward.

To quote the lyrics of “America, f*** Yeah!”:

The Canuck fans can lick my butt and suck on my balls.
Jeff Jackson: “coming to save the mother f***in day yeah!”

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
It’s more about being realistic with the cap. If we hadn’t landed Arvidsson AND Skinner I wouldn’t be thinking of offloading him. Now he’s kind of an expensive luxury, and arguably the #7 offensive guy at forward.
If he's on LTIR we're good. A guy that consistently scores 20+ goals and plays a mean hard game is more meaningful than a luxury.

HF always craps on the guy had a bad game, series, year, even though their career says otherwise. There aren't many guys like Kane.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

I feel like Kane end up killing plays all too often (his passing is super bad) and what toughness he offers is offset by his mediocre play (for where he plays). He's defensively so-so as well. I just don't see where he fits. May be better suited for the 3rd line with Henrique though.

Kulak is a great #5 who can definitely sub in as a #4 and not look out of his depth. Those people are ridiculous.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I feel like Kane end up killing plays all too often (his passing is super bad) and what toughness he offers is offset by his mediocre play (for where he plays). He's defensively so-so as well. I just don't see where he fits. May be better suited for the 3rd line with Henrique though.

Kulak is a great #5.
You wouldn't have said that last year about Kane, would you?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
If he's on LTIR we're good. A guy that consistently scores 20+ goals and plays a mean hard game is more meaningful than a luxury.

HF always craps on the guy had a bad game, series, year, even though their career says otherwise. There aren't many guys like Kane.
LTIR only works if he’s on it all the way until April though. If all he has is a sports hernia, he’ll easily be playing in Oct/Nov. In that case, we’d be unable to activate him because we’re already capped out.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013

Kulak was a solid defender for 98% of the playoffs. Anyone saying to get rid of him wasn't watching.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I could see Debrusk potentially being an impact player for the Nucks but he isn't Hyman by any stretch.
Yeah not at all. Isn’t he just a typical skilled-but-kinda-soft winger with some scoring touch? Nice player, but he’s not gonna double his career high in goals. There’s also no McDavid or Draisaitl on that Canucks roster.

Reactions: McTedi

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Would have been the most epic meltdown ever and would have been apropos for that turd licker.

It's a shame that it had the boring ending. Obviously for us, but also for neutral fans that wanted the interesting and historical ending. Ratf*** seems really insecure about the win. Probably doesn't help that he got carried for 90% of the playoffs

Reactions: BlackDogg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad