Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
GRcsJrDWEAAQanC

All hail Jeff Jackson.
There's those huge 2024 NHL Draft balls again.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I can't believe we actually just upgraded both wingers by a massive margin on our 2nd line and kept the rest of our bottom 6 intact from a team 2 goals away from winning the cup, and that was without their 5 million dollar power forward winger for most of the finals.

I said this a week ago, but the Oilers are going to finish 1st in the West and are going to win the cup this year if they stay healthy. That's my prediction. This forward group is deeper than any forward group in the NHL and we haven't even gone through the trade deadline yet.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Yes but we can carry up to 10% extra of the cap until Summer is over, and in that time, we will find out if we have to:

-bring down Stecher, J Brown, and Ryan

-Trade

-Put Kane on LTIR

We are sitting pretty right now.
We need a Right Shot centerman who can win draws in such a big way. I am done with Ryan. Weakest link on the team.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I think, going by the numbers, Ceci was the best PKing Dman on our team during the regular season, and one of the better ones in the playoffs. It's too bad he makes 3.25m, because at 1.5m or so he'd be useful on the 3rd pairing and killing penalties. I'm guessing he's one of the more likely candidates to be traded though, as he doesn't have a NMC/NTC.

I think it's possible McLeod gets moved. He had a very underwhelming playoffs, and I think that's a big reason why they moved on from Vinny D as well.
Ceci was a great PKer because he is good at icing the puck. When he his trying to get a breakout going in the d-zone or keep possession the play goes back to the opponent more often than not

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
A bunch of us bashed Holland for trading a 4th for Stecher and 1st for Henrique and JJ just goes and re-signs them for 2 extra years plus swapped the 1st to next year to get a prospect the scouts were high on. We’re pretty much getting maximum value now for that 1st and 4th.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I don’t see how oilers get away with LTIR Kane for playoffs so do the oilers trade him? Going to miss some size on the roster if that’s the case.

Kane + Bourgault + ceci for a D upgrade

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The Perry signing seems completely unnecessary now, he wouldn't even be in the top 12 to start the year. They must know that Kane has something serious going on. Since they mentioned hip, I bet he's getting surgery and will be out for quite a long time.

Kane on LTIR is actually a good thing. Our top 6 is flat out ridiculous, and the Janmark - Henrique - Brown third line all extended, so Kane missing most of the season and coming back healthy and motivated means suddenly you’ve got a 30-30-60 powerforward that you’ve essentially picked up as a deadline rental for free

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Perry signing seems completely unnecessary now, he wouldn't even be in the top 12 to start the year. They must know that Kane has something serious going on. Since they mentioned hip, I bet he's getting surgery and will be out for quite a long time.
I think Perry was mostly a locker room signing but the contract was a little high for that. It should have been league minimum that could get bonuses up to 1m. The only, slight, issue with Jackson today but it didn't really prevent him from checking off all the boxes.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I don’t see how oilers get away with LTIR Kane for playoffs so do the oilers trade him? Going to miss some size on the roster if that’s the case.

Kane + Bourgault + ceci for a D upgrade
They're definitely softer without Kane in the lineup to ride shotgun and keep cheapshot artists honest (at least in regular season.. playoffs guys will run other guys regardless, knowing they can get away with that cheap shit).

That would be a concern for me if there's no one there to hit their star guys back, since you're not really going to get the chance to even up with the perpetrators in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad