Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Jeff Jackson today...
calculation-math.gif

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Outstanding day for the Oilers, truly.

I wonder if they move out Ceci and maybe Kulak, would Barrie come back on a $1Mx1yr deal
I think Kulak, for what he costs (~$2.7 million) is fine. Barrie... I don't think bringing him back is a great idea even as a cheap one off.

If they can move off of Ceci, great, but I don't know if they can find a taker at this point.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Thanks for giving the Oilers organization and their players more motivated fuel with your comment, Tkachuk. We're gonna win the f***ing cup next season, book it.
Yup, that's the only attitude we should have at this point. He won the cup, he's going to chirp and we're just going to have to take it. Oilers fans whining about this are focusing their energy on the wrong stuff.

Reactions: PBandJ and McAsuno

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Straight up no. I'm not convinced of Holloway's offence, I think at best he tops out as a good 3rd line, 15-15-30 point guy who's aggressive on the forecheck. But to throw him in just for someone to take Ceci is not good asset management.

I really don't like Ceci's defending at times but it's true he isn't as horrific when he's away from Nurse. If they can't find a taker I guess they'll sit with him on the roster. Seeing what other middle pairing guys were pulling in FA though, I don't know if you can get rid of him and still be able to improve on those minutes with whomever you bring in. Almost just a lateral move at best. I'd really like to see Stecher given a good try stapled to Nurse.
I think, going by the numbers, Ceci was the best PKing Dman on our team during the regular season, and one of the better ones in the playoffs. It's too bad he makes 3.25m, because at 1.5m or so he'd be useful on the 3rd pairing and killing penalties. I'm guessing he's one of the more likely candidates to be traded though, as he doesn't have a NMC/NTC.

I think it's possible McLeod gets moved. He had a very underwhelming playoffs, and I think that's a big reason why they moved on from Vinny D as well.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think Kulak, for what he costs (~$2.7 million) is fine. Barrie... I don't think bringing him back is a great idea even as a cheap one off.

If they can move off of Ceci, great, but I don't know if they can find a taker at this point.
Ceci has one year left and is a RHD NHL defenseman, if someone will give Edmonson(sp) 4yrs, someone will take 1 year of Ceci for free

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yup, that's the only attitude we should have at this point. He won the cup, he's going to chirp and we're just going to have to take it. Oilers fans whining about this are focusing their energy on the wrong stuff.

Yup. The loss in G7 f***ing hurt, but it will only fuel the Oilers even more to come back for next season to win the cup like how Florida did when they lost to VGK last season in the finals. This will be our year. Finish The Story.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
This was going to be a painful off-season regardless.. but Jackson to his credit has alleviated a great deal of that with these value signings. He's done a lot of the heavy lifting already (out of necessity with no GM, but still).

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Ceci has one year left and is a RHD NHL defenseman, if someone will give Edmonson(sp) 4yrs, someone will take 1 year of Ceci for free
Well, let's see what happens here. Jackson has worked some undeniable magic thus far, with the Oilers being one of the most active (if not the busiest) teams.

Pretty sure it's the two top guys wanting to keep most of these guys around, in spite of what we think as fans.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Well, let's see what happens here. Jackson has worked some undeniable magic thus far, with the Oilers being one of, if not the busiest, teams.

Pretty sure it's the two top guys wanting to keep most of these guys around, in spite of what we think as fans.
Sure, but who cares he's not good enough and the team is very aware of this. They liked Foegele too

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
As RFAs don't Broberg and Holloway get like a 10% increase or something like that?

They can simply sign their qualifying offer which is 105% of their previous year base salary, so 873k a piece. It’s only 23k you’re asking them to leave on the table.

100% and without that, I very much doubt we see the Brown we saw in the playoffs or the Brown resigning. With such a shitty year, he had plenty of reasons to move on.

Ya, that was a major turning point in his season

No. Ceci at 1 year 3.25 could probably be dumped for a 2nd rounder.

He shouldn’t cost anything to dump. Edmundson got 3.8, Cole got 3.1, Lyubushkin got 3.25, etc

Reactions: McFlyingV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad