Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I’m assuming based on the moves today it’s gotta be Ceci out? If Broberg and Holloway sign for 850k a piece, you can barely fit

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Skinner - Henrique - Brown
Holloway - McLeod - Janmark
Perry

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Broberg
Kulak - Brown
Stecher

Skinner
Pickard

Reactions: McAsuno

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Can I be critical?

I’d rather have Boqvist over Stetcher. He’s never played on a good team and we can fix him. Go get him?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I’m assuming based on the moves today it’s gotta be Ceci out? If Broberg and Holloway sign for 850k a piece, you can barely fit

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Skinner - Henrique - Brown
Holloway - McLeod - Janmark
Perry

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Broberg
Kulak - Brown
Stecher

Skinner
Pickard
As RFAs don't Broberg and Holloway get like a 10% increase or something like that?

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Would you give a team Holloway if they took Ceci off our hands?
Straight up no. I'm not convinced of Holloway's offence, I think at best he tops out as a good 3rd line, 15-15-30 point guy who's aggressive on the forecheck. But to throw him in just for someone to take Ceci is not good asset management.

I really don't like Ceci's defending at times but it's true he isn't as horrific when he's away from Nurse. If they can't find a taker I guess they'll sit with him on the roster. Seeing what other middle pairing guys were pulling in FA though, I don't know if you can get rid of him and still be able to improve on those minutes with whomever you bring in. Almost just a lateral move at best. I'd really like to see Stecher given a good try stapled to Nurse.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Outstanding day for the Oilers, truly.

I wonder if they move out Ceci and maybe Kulak, would Barrie come back on a $1Mx1yr deal.

Also the ducks are $8.8M below the floor (I think) Kane or Ceci (or both?) there makes some sense

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yep. I guarantee when Brown was debating whether or not to take the money, his standing ovation played more than a small role.
100% and without that, I very much doubt we see the Brown we saw in the playoffs or the Brown resigning. With such a shitty year, he had plenty of reasons to move on.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Also, Stauffer might be as connected as he used to be again. He called a lot of this
I think with Holland out, he starts to get back to where he was, in terms of connected on the inside.

From what I understand, after he called out Holland during that intermission segment, he got ousted by KH hard and was shut out from insider knowledge, but that's slowly been creeping back due to JJ taking over.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad