Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Kane may start on the LTIR according to JJ comments to Spector. As of now, that remains the most likely way the Oilers are affording this all-in approach.
He’s played his last game as an Oiler. Whether he starts October on LTIR or another team remains to be seen, but the direction this team is taking on Kane is pretty clear and has been since Knob sat him early in the finals. Can’t say I mind.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I am not all that surprised that Henrique would choose Edmonton over Anaheim.

Obviously the McDavid effect has its magic but Anaheim and the L.A. area have emerging issues that are very serious. A number of people in Hollywood have left for different pastures. Big tax hit in California too and talk of more tax increases. Record high budget deficits.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Ok gotcha but they'd still need to be cap compliant at some point during the season when he returns unless it's full season LTIR which doesn't seem plausible almost 10 months out.
Imo it isn't an issue. It's not like the league would be willing to let any team default on the cap. If we have to be dishonest and keep Kane there extra long or stick someone else there, nobody will call us out on it other than impotent fans of rival teams

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
So guys

RNH - McD - Hyman
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Holloway - McLeod - Perry

Ekholm - Bouch
Broberg - Ceci
Nurse - Stecher
Looking good! Man that depth. Does that mean Kane is LTIR? Do they trade him? I don't even know.. regular season starts in like 3 and a half months.

Reactions: Cloned

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Flames & Canucks fans after comparing their day to ours (so far):

freak-out-angry.gif

Last edited:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
He’s played his last game as an Oiler. Whether he starts October on LTIR or another team remains to be seen, but the direction this team is taking on Kane is pretty clear and has been since Knob sat him early in the finals. Can’t say I mind.

I don't think the team is trying to go a different direction, I think Kane is just really injured.

But I guess none of us know for sure.

Reactions: MessierII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad