Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
If they can knock that number down to $35-37 mil it would almost be accounted for by 2 years of salary cap rising (they currently make 25mil combined).
It will be key of course, what the cap rises to. I could see that exact scenario of those 3 costing around $40 million though, depending. Draisaitl has been on a top value contract, let's face it. He'll get paid. McDavid is McDavid. Bouchard will also get paid if he keeps up the torrid offensive pace.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Just under 550K to sign Holloway and Broberg, yes Ryan and J. Brown could could be sent to the AHL to have about 2.4 million to sign both RFA's.

Edit = If Rico is returning something really has to give.

Untitled1.png

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Doesn't sound like he wants it though, not long term. Said he wanted a guy with NHL experience / pedigree? At first I thought it would be an assistant GM or the like, then I wavered on whether it would be an old name, and now after hearing what Jackson said it sounds like he didn't really make any time to conduct a search during the playoff run. Maybe because the guys he was looking at are involved with other clubs, but he didn't do anything seemingly from the playoffs until now.

Great work up to now but I don't think he's long for the interim role, never mind a permanent GM spot.
I know, but it doesn’t mean I can’t hope for it to happen.

Reactions: Shizuka

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I like our free agency, I really do, but I was real upgrade on 2nd pair RD. Get Nurse someone as good or better than he is. Or at least close to it

Reactions: The Batman

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think they're going to find a way to sign Henrique. JJ hinted at finding Broberg more icetime and wanting to have Henrique back. Ceci out for Broberg on the 2nd pair. Stetcher/Brown alternating at 6D.
Yeah, it sounds like it's very possible now. I thought the Stecher signing meant more than just a conventional signing because Brown is the clear 7 and Stecher is clearly an NHL Dman as the 8 now so I'd almost be surprised if Ceci wasn't dealt. I'm just not sure where Kane fits in if they sign Henrique, he'd be wasted on the 3rd line, why break up the Janmark-Henrique-Brown line, and the top 6 is loaded with no room so.....hmm

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I don't know how the numbers are going to work if Henrique is back. Happy to hear it mind you but what gives? Do they really go with Stecher paired up with Nurse (I'd be happy to see them try this, good value contract for Stecher and he has good underlying numbers)? Stick with Broberg on his off side, hoping the mojo he had stabilizing Nurse carries over?

Either way one of Ceci / Mcleod is likely gone, at minimum. No way to make the numbers work otherwise, with Holloway and Broberg still needing to get signed.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
So... you don't understand what I just said.
Ok. Carry on.
So you are trained and capable of passing judgement be it criminally or in spirit without all the facts.
Charges do not equal guilt. As far as I know, you are not a trained judge.
How narcissistic of you to think otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad