Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
There are few people who would disagree with the spirit of what you keep saying bud.

But this situation is considerably different from that spirit. What is being decided in court is wether those involved are criminally responsible, not that the situation occurred (which we already know, DID occur).

And, regardless of what you or I or anyone thinks, no team--let alone the league--is going to touch those players for the foreseeable future.

You can call it justice. You can call it 'optics'. It doesn't matter what we call it. It just isn't going to happen. There is no point arguing about it. You know it isn't going to happen as well as anyone else here.
True, it might not be fair but the courthouse jury and the jury of public opinion are not necessarily one in the same.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Everyone wants to trade Ceci to free up cap space to sign henrique, but I wonder if maybe someone like Mcleod might be the guy that gets moved. He's got speed, but tends to be a liability on the defensive end and doesn't bring any of the grit and tenacity you want on the 3rd/4th lines. You could tell Knoblauch didn't want to play him much by the time the finals rolled around.
I think Ceci needs to be gone regardless, but yes McLeod is another candidate to be moved to open up space. He had some good spurts and was actually strong defensively in the regular season. The playoff pressure seemed to get to him and he started to make a lot of mistakes. He's a player I hate to give up on because there's just so many tools there if he would just stop being a perimeter player. He's also a valuable penalty killer. But I'd be ok if he was a cap casualty to improve the roster.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
We'll see I guess, Seravalli was ruminating it would take $40 million alone for Draisaitl, McDavid and Bouchard. Hefty contracts, with I'm assuming ~$15 million apiece for the two Fs and 10 for Bouchard or thereabouts (if he continues to produce 60+).
If they can knock that number down to $35-37 mil it would almost be accounted for by 2 years of salary cap rising (they currently make 25mil combined).

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
There are few people who would disagree with the spirit of what you keep saying bud.

But this situation is considerably different from that spirit. What is being decided in court is wether those involved are criminally responsible, not that the situation occurred (which we already know, DID occur).

And, regardless of what you or I or anyone thinks, no team--let alone the league--is going to touch those players for the foreseeable future.

You can call it justice. You can call it 'optics'. It doesn't matter what we call it. It just isn't going to happen. There is no point arguing about it. You know it isn't going to happen as well as anyone else here.
I don't have all the facts, pretty sure you don't either. Lets just say I trust the court's judgement more than yours.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Honestly, just stay as GM, JJ.

Hire an assistant GM to do all the day to day stuff that probably bores you. You take care of all the big stuff.

I don’t think any Oilers fan would disagree right now.
Doesn't sound like he wants it though, not long term. Said he wanted a guy with NHL experience / pedigree? At first I thought it would be an assistant GM or the like, then I wavered on whether it would be an old name, and now after hearing what Jackson said it sounds like he didn't really make any time to conduct a search during the playoff run. Maybe because the guys he was looking at are involved with other clubs, but he didn't do anything seemingly from the playoffs until now.

Great work up to now but I don't think he's long for the interim role, never mind a permanent GM spot.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Would love an upgrade on Ceci, but there isn't much on offer right now and I suspect that might be something they'll be looking at the trade deadline rather than right now
Its almost a better idea to just dump him and let Broberg have that spot. He very well might be able to take off on the 2nd pair, and if not find your guy at the deadline. Ceci dump lets them potentially keep Henrique.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

vince-mc-mahon-falling-in-chair.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad