Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Curious if we have enough pieces to temporarily send to AHL for day 1 to put Kane on the roster then LTIR him.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
I wonder if there is not a scenario where we move Ceci and sign Barrie for his spot with Nurse for 1-1.5m cheaper. Barrie had a down year and was fairly well liked here. Would be at a discount. He wouldn't get first unit PP time but would get 2nd unit with some 1st if a theoretical Bouch injury happens. Also would provide some back end offense for other lines who aren't always paired with Ekholm and Bouchard.
I am the worlds biggest nostalgic softie but dear god no.

Reactions: alphahelix

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

puItlN7g.jpg

Leon went from the Yamamotos and Kahuns to what JJ traded for today. HNNNNGGGGGGGG

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Stecher signing really has me thinking.... The Oilers have 8 NHL level Dmen now with the Brown and Stecher signings and with just Vinny out the door. The Brown contract tells me he's the #7 and while the Stecher contract is more like an AHL contract, I wonder if JJ sees him as a viable Ceci replacement and uses the freed up money to sign Henrique.

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Perry

My question is....where does Kane fit? I think they need Kane's toughness in the lineup although they did pretty well in the Florida series without him against arguably the toughest team in the league but that's a big ticket number and they could use that freed up money to add a legit D upgrade, Carrier is still out there right? This is some galaxy brain shit and I'd rather they keep Kane but there's a world where they can trade Kane and Ceci and add Henrique and Carrier. JJ got me thinking impure thoughts haha

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The Stecher signing really has me thinking.... The Oilers have 8 NHL level Dmen now with the Brown and Stecher signings and with just Vinny out the door. The Brown contract tells me he's the #7 and while the Stecher contract is more like an AHL contract, I wonder if JJ sees him as a viable Ceci replacement and uses the freed up money to sign Henrique.

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Perry

My question is....where does Kane fit? I think they need Kane's toughness in the lineup although they did pretty well in the Florida series without him against arguably the toughest team in the league but that's a big ticket number and they could use that freed up money to add a legit D upgrade, Carrier is still out there right? This is some galaxy brain shit and I'd rather they keep Kane but there's a world where they can trade Kane and Ceci and add Henrique and Carrier. JJ got me thinking impure thoughts haha
Stetcher to the A? Dude had far superior underlying metrics than our bottom 4 d men playing top 4. His transitional defence is really good as well as his zone exits. He isn’t going down to the farm. One of Ceci or Kulak will be moved. Broberg being a left D im guessing him- which will kill me inside

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I do wonder what the long term plan is, to entice Draisaitl / McDavid to re-sign. These are all short term deals, and Draisaitl is under contract for one more season. Please don't just walk him to UFA status and let him go for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad