Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Jackson said he would love to have Henrique back, Henrique has not signed anywhere where teams other than the Oilers have been locking up high-end talent, My thoughts Henrique watched all the Oilers' moves today and wants to stay, and Jackson has told him they are trying to pull off the moves to make it happen

I've been saying this as well. I got mocked but it's happening so far. Ceci and McLeod out will make it all work.

Reactions: VainGretzky

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Jackson said he would love to have Henrique back, Henrique has not signed anywhere where teams other than the Oilers have been locking up high-end talent, My thoughts Henrique watched all the Oilers' moves today and wants to stay, and Jackson has told him they are trying to pull off the moves to make it happen

It's us and slightly less money for a chance at a cup in Canada, or it's Anaheim for more money and comfortable retirement years with the family.

I'm pretty sure he had a handshake deal in place with Anaheim at the deadline, but he was enchanted by our run and the city.

I'll be shocked if it's anyone but us or Anaheim, tbh.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Not one overpay I repeat not one overpay by our management today and the team got better 😲
I'd argue Perry was an overpay, relative to what he showed in the playoffs. He should have been league min at best but I guess they liked what he demonstrated in terms of professionalism in the room and on the ice, regarding his time and being sat at times. He was allegedly always ready to go and would skate in pre-game even if he knew he wasn't in, that whole quote about accepting your role whatever was asked of you and leaving ego out of it, etc.

Still don't think all that was worth the extra but they brought him back so..

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
a9gadpgtwtp91.gif

By far one of the best free agency days we've had in a long ass time. Feels awesome.
I'm gonna go to sleep happy tonight. Hope the rest of the day goes well for all of you beauties.
Happy Canada Day.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's us and slightly less money for a chance at a cup in Canada, or it's Anaheim for more money and comfortable retirement years with the family.

I'm pretty sure he had a handshake deal in place with Anaheim at the deadline, but he was enchanted by our run and the city.

I'll be shocked if it's anyone but us or Anaheim, tbh.
I dunno if Anaheim is even interested, but they're gonna have to throw some money at somebody to get to the cap floor I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad