Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oh wow, that is a pretty expensive deal for what he is. Not sure I like that one too much. Love the player, don't get me wrong, but that is full freight for certain
How in the world is this expensive? If we get playoff Janmark, it's an underpayment actually. Even at his worst, he's worth roughly that as a top notch defensive 4th liner/PKer.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Sure to be a really unpopular opinion around here, but i have time for Michael McLeod.

The only player of that group that would warrant any look would be Hart because he has a tremendous skill for a 25 year old.

You'd have to be Bryzgalov desperate though, and we are not ... anymore.
We have our own "Stan" problems atm. That's enough.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Oh wow, that is a pretty expensive deal for what he is. Not sure I like that one too much. Love the player, don't get me wrong, but that is full freight for certain
Likely had other offers, so price point goes up a bit, but glad that he chose to resign with us.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
As much as I like Kane when he's healthy, the truth is this team is probably more well-rounded if they swap Kane+Ceci for Henrique+4-4.5M Dman.
You're probably right. I just don't see what 4M top 4 RHD are available right now. Would love to be wrong though.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
If they brought Henrique back:

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Kane - Henrique - Holloway
Janmark - McLeod - Brown

I dunno guys, looks like moving Ceci to make this happen would be worth it. You could flip around Kane and Nuge too, and have an elite third line there. Lots of options.
That would be the greatest forward group on paper since the dynasty Oilers lmao

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Jeff Jackson at his end of season press conference: “I have no interest in being the GM.”
He forgot to add: “…..because I would f***ing CRUSH it!”

1aa1blank.jpg

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Outside of the Perry deal, which isn't even that bad, I really liked this. Was some smart moves and didn't do anything stupid like Drop everything on a single goalie.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Is he too slow? Too weak? I thought his attention to detail defensively was the part of his game that has grown since he's graduated. A lot of sites have him listed as a C.

That line needs a center who can win pucks and distribute.
He's decent defensively, tries pretty hard and has some nice hands. Not much else though.

I don't think he ever really even played center in junior.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Kane for Laughton would be a heist. Don't let the main boards see that one.
Kane and Ceci for Laughton and Ristolainen. That makes it a little more divisive for both fanbases. With Arvidsson and Risto on the roster the Oilers would be guaranteed to have some deadline space to add, with one most likely on IR.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Jackson said he would love to have Henrique back, Henrique has not signed anywhere where teams other than the Oilers have been locking up high-end talent, My thoughts Henrique watched all the Oilers' moves today and wants to stay, and Jackson has told him they are trying to pull off the moves to make it happen

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Jackson said he would love to have Henrique back, Henrique has not signed anywhere where teams other than the Oilers have been locking up high-end talent, My thoughts Henrique watched all the Oilers' moves today and wants to stay, and Jackson has told him they are trying to pull off the moves to make it happen

I get the exact same feeling if we somehow move McLeod and Ceci and add say Henrique and maybe Boqvist we are laughing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad