Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Ceci, while a mediocre defender, is still better away from Nurse and at the price point some of these middle pairing guys are getting, I don't know if you can even move him and still improve. And I hated some of Ceci's defending.

Bit of a logjam up front now too so something else has to give here.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Radio silence on both of them is kinda weird, but now I wonder if maybe the team was waiting for the Skinner chip to fall so they could sort out the rest.
I wasn't expecting him back. His family has been in Anaheim for a number of years now. It's a shame but it does show the need to have a solid 3C, because the current options now (Mcleod, or Ryan...) are not going to cut it.

They'd still need to shift someone else off too, because the money doesn't work.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
It better be Kane going out, because if we lose Janmark, despite our bolstered top 6, our special teams and bottom 6 take a huge hit.

I don't mind getting Skinner, but 3mil seems like a lot but we'll see. The d-core looks worse than what we ended the season on, so I hope we make some moves. Mildly optimistic but there is still work to be done.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
And with what money then if you expect Henrique & Janmark back?

The post I replied to also had Kane on the roster. I also don't see a reality where Henrique is back.

I believe the only way you upgrade Ceci, is unloading his & Kane's contracts.

I told you how.

Cap space left is 2.783m

Ceci + McLeod = 5.35m

That's over 8m in space. Janmark at 1m.

Henrique at 4m

Leaves over 3m to sign Holloway.

You have the full summer to burry Ryan or make another trade to fit Broberg.

Edit: that's over 3 mill to sign Broberg and Holloway. Prib just the right amount.

Last edited:
Reactions: iCanada

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I initially didn’t like the Brown signing but I think he’s pegged as the #7 in this group:

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Broberg
Kulak-Ceci
Brown

Given that, it’s fine. I could definitely see the Oilers making a deadline move to upgrade the defence if it’s needed but this is the same group that looked pretty good down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Ceci is fine in a bottom pairing role and we have some strong AHL depth guys if injuries hit with Gleason, Kemp, and Dineen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad