Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Not really sure about Skinner either. It's a 1 year deal, so ok but long term I don't know how you sell Draisaitl on re-signing with that. Arvidsson also is only 2 years.
It shows we are committed to Drai's peak performance, which is likely really important to him in the big picture imo.

In a vacuum we probably prefer Henrique, and that's why people are taking about Kane trade. There has to be some sort of cap dump coming now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not really sure about Skinner either. It's a 1 year deal, so ok but long term I don't know how you sell Draisaitl on re-signing with that. Arvidsson also is only 2 years.

Skinner is a streaky 1 dimensional guy. Not hard to play against, not defensively great.. I guess they bank on him scoring alot but I dunno. One guy who screams 'me first' rather than a team guy you win with but oh well, it's done.

Now what about Janmark, Jackson?
McDavid will be enough.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Either Janmark isn’t back or they have a deal lined up to send Ceci or Kulak away.

Don’t love the Skinner deal especially after signing Arvidsson, would have rathered allocate to C but maybe RNH at 3C is the plan.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Either Janmark isn’t back or they have a deal lined up to send Ceci or Kulak away.

Don’t love the Skinner deal especially after signing Arvidsson, would have rathered allocate to C but maybe RNH at 3C is the plan.
I think we may try all of McLeod Nuge and Holloway in that spot. If we don’t make another move that is

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
It shows we are committed to Drai's peak performance, which is likely really important to him in the big picture imo.

In a vacuum we probably prefer Henrique, and that's why people are taking about Kane trade. There has to be some sort of cap dump coming now.
I do wonder what the long term decision on re-signing Draisaitl is, which will also have cascading effects on what McDavid does as well.

I would have rather put the money to stabilizing 3C honestly.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I guess they can't commit to many long term contracts given they have the two huge ones coming up in McDavid and Draisaitl and how that goes, plus Bouchard is RFA next season which will be another huge contract to have to sign.

Where's Janmark in all of this, I wonder.. guy played like a lion in the biggest moments.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner McDavid Hyman
Kane Draisaitl Arvidsson
Holloway RNH Brown
??? Ryan Perry
Lavoie (?)

Would be nice to keep Janmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad