Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm actually not 100% sold on Skinner. Feel like the last thing the team needs is an all offense forward with not a whole lot of defensive buy-in.

Maybe playing on a playoff team for the first time ever will help that effort level though.

Reactions: Shizuka and PBandJ

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm actually not 100% sold on Skinner. Feel like the last thing the team needs is an all offense forward with not a whole lot of defensive buy-in.

Maybe playing on a playoff team for the first time ever will help that effort level though.

I mean there's room for players like that. Petr Klima came up huge for the Oilers in a Stanley Cup opener once upon a time, sometimes you need a sniper who is going to simply put the damn puck in the net.

We had long stretches of very good play in the playoffs where our forwards, specifically our wingers couldn't bury numerous glorious chances.

Reactions: Thomas Tatar

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Honestly hate this skinner deal. I just don't think we need what he provides. I thought he'd come in at max 2m. If this in any prevented us from keeping Henrique I'll be upset

Henrique was a long shot, his wife is really involved with the community in the LA area and they just had a kid.

Reactions: Canovin

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Not really sure about Skinner either. It's a 1 year deal, so ok but long term I don't know how you sell Draisaitl on re-signing with that. Arvidsson also is only 2 years.

Skinner is a streaky 1 dimensional guy. Not hard to play against, not defensively great.. I guess they bank on him scoring alot but I dunno. One guy who screams 'me first' rather than a team guy you win with but oh well, it's done.

Now what about Janmark, Jackson?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Honestly hate this skinner deal. I just don't think we need what he provides. I thought he'd come in at max 2m. If this in any prevented us from keeping Henrique I'll be upset
I think Henrique is going to have long-term options available to him well beyond our reach.

Skinner may not be a complete fit in terms of positional need, but he's an elite one-shot scorer who is coming in well above expected value. There are ways that we'll be able to address other areas as the season progresses.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Not really sure about Skinner either. It's a 1 year deal, so ok but long term I don't know how you sell Draisaitl on re-signing with that. Arvidsson also is only 2 years.

Skinner is a streaky 1 dimensional guy. Not hard to play against, not defensively great.. I guess they bank on him scoring alot but I dunno. One guy who screams 'me first' rather than a team guy you win with but oh well, it's done.

Now what about Janmark, Jackson?
Just making things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad