Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Interesting, Oliver Kylington is still unsigned in Calgary and probably not returning. I guess we don't really have a LHD need, though.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The #4C market in UFA seems to have dried up.

I wonder if you could get someone decent back while dumping Ceci somewhere.
Truthfully I'm fine running a combo of McLeod/Holloway as 3C and Ryan/Hamblin as 4C. There's always going to be someone to pick up come trade deadline to add some depth at C.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
So Brown does us a solid and takes a value deal and Ekholm delivers Arvidsson, other than that kind of a shit day for JJ. No Janmark and that Perry deal stinks.
I mean, what did you expect?

There's still time left though. If the Oilers can bring in Skinner to go along with Arvidsson. I'd say it was a very solid day.

The D is obviously still an issue, led by the boat anchor contract Nurse has. The Oilers also have to be cautious with how they spend with McDavid, Draisaitl, and Bouchard due up soon. Not an easy fix.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I am sorry to see Vinny go but at $2M I think he would be over paid. I also think that in a Canucks-Oilers series Vinny is a guy the Oilers could exploit.

Ya we’re the exact type of team (speed off the rush) that he struggles against

Yikes, that is a really bad deal. Like, really, REALLY, bad. The only way a Perry deal made sense is if they got him at a number that could be buried. This makes no sense for a replacement level player.

Huh? Perry’s entire caphit can be buried

The #4C market in UFA seems to have dried up.

I wonder if you could get someone decent back while dumping Ceci somewhere.

Is there any point when we have Holloway, McLeod, Ryan, hopefully Janmark, etc all who can play center?

That’s huge!!!

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
For clicks? He’s a shill

Easy enough to brush it aside if it’s proven to not be the case
Yeah that kind of stuff is always 8 grains of salt.

Maybe Kane was upset about being scratched. Upset about being injured. He was a star player and an alpha and he can no longer play at that level.

Wouldn't be shocked if he was upset, doesn't mean he's going anywhere

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Is there any point when we have Holloway, McLeod, Ryan, hopefully Janmark, etc all who can play center?
No point derailing Holloway's development. He was clearly miles better on the wing.

Janmark is far better at wing too. McLeod is going to be the #3C because they probably don't have the money for Henrique now. Ryan better be in Bako next year.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad