Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
A whole lot of "I've heard that" about Kane but not many actual reports.

I can believe that there's a lot of frustration from him about how the season and playoffs went, but people are always ready to believe the worst about him. I'll wait for a real report that both sides want to cut ties.

I think he could really help the team next year.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd be all about Boqvist, seems like a guy that could be unlocked playing with an elite group of forwards. His offence has been pretty good throughout his career, especially considering the teams he's played on. Don't see where Brown fits in if they add him though.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree his production is very similar to Draisaitl 1st couple of years
It is, but Draisaitl's development is also one in a million and isn't something anyone should ever expect from a player. The potential is there for his contract to be a steal, but hoping for a Draisaitl development arc would be some kind of wishful thinking.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
-So, we have about 5.8M in room and need to sign at least 3 more players (12-7-2) including raises for Holloway and Broberg? I suppose its doable
6.7 Ryan can rot in the Minors

It is, but Draisaitl's development is also one in a million and isn't something anyone should ever expect from a player. The potential is there for his contract to be a steal, but hoping for a Draisaitl development arc would be some kind of wishful thinking.
He was a 1st Overall for a reason size speed and hands

Reactions: FunkyChicken

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd be all about Boqvist, seems like a guy that could be unlocked playing with an elite group of forwards. His offence has been pretty good throughout his career, especially considering the teams he's played on. Don't see where Brown fits in if they add him though.
Brown seems like a 7/8 option that might bounce between NHL and AHL. Gives them some toughness and size for regular season matchups against physical teams.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
-So, we have about 5.8M in room and need to sign at least 3 more players (12-7-2) including raises for Holloway and Broberg? I suppose its doable

Very doable. Janmark back at the rumoured 1.1 and Holloway/Broberg signed for 2.5 combined (hopefully get them signed for a few years each) would leave us 2.183 to sign one more forward, and run a roster of 13/7/2

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
6.7 Ryan can rot in the Minors

He was, but that was generally considered a very weak draft. All I'm saying is Draisaitl's development arc is something you see maybe a handful of times over a 20 year span.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Very doable. Janmark back at the rumoured 1.1 and Holloway/Broberg signed for 2.5 combined (hopefully get them signed for a few years each) would leave us 2.183 to sign one more forward, and run a roster of 13/7/2

Which is still enough for Henrique if you trade Kane or Ceci (promoting Broberg to #4 RD with Boqvist, Brown, Kemp and Wanner available for #6 and #7).

We're doing ok here.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Hakanpaa is a weird signing for the Leafs.

They already have Reilly, Tanev, Mcabe, OEL, Liljegren, Benoit, Timmons...
Don't quite see where he will fit in

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
A whole lot of "I've heard that" about Kane but not many actual reports.

I can believe that there's a lot of frustration from him about how the season and playoffs went, but people are always ready to believe the worst about him. I'll wait for a real report that both sides want to cut ties.

I think he could really help the team next year.
Amen. Still put up 4-4-8 in 20 playoff games and played physical until his injury wouldn't allow him to. A healthy Kane is still a serious problem for other teams in the playoffs.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Man
manifesting Jeff Skinner or Adam Henrique @ 2.1m cap hit

Reactions: The Nuge

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I don't
Which is still enough for Henrique if you trade Kane or Ceci (promoting Broberg to #4 RD with Boqvist, Brown, Kemp and Wanner available for #6 and #7).

We're doing ok here.
I don't doubt that one of Kemp or Wanner get more than a little bit of a look this season

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
5M for Kane would open up alot of options. Haven't really followed the drama or whatever is going on yet, but I'm good if we move on at this point.

His first year with us was awesome, but I always feared his production that year was a bit "lucky".

Add injuries and a rumored lacks work effort and it translated into some pretty crappy play throughout the year and into the playoffs. Maybe much of it can be attributed to injury, maybe some due to his regression as a power forward. But either way, hard to make that gamble with 5M on the books. So if there is a way out, I hope we explore.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Oh a side note, how the hell did Severalli become arguably the top insider in the NHL media? He always sounds stand-offish and hostile in every media spot he does
you only become an insider if teams and agents want you to be an insider

what you see and hear is the way they want it run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad