Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If only we could sign some of these guys so the same folks that complain about us doing nothing can complain about having “dead cap” a few years down the line when we buy them out.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I'd rather ship Ceci off and sign Desharnais as our #3 RD.

Play Broberg with Nurse.
Asking a rookie to play his off side on a pairing with Nurse is just setting him up for failure. They were starting to get caved in the Florida series too.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I said during the first round playoffs I wouldn’t be surprised if Arvidsson landed on the Oilers. I hope we see it, especially if Marchy is off the table.

Other options I’d be interested in Henrique return, Duclair, Mantha, Barabanov.

If Desharnais prices himself out then I’d look at Josh Brown who’s played in AZ last few years but brings the same game. He’s a monster who plays physical and can PK. Probably comes under 1M.

Ceci out and Dante Fabbro in.

I think we could use a RHC on the roster. Travis Boyd had an injury last year but average 15G and 30+ pts the last few years and 8pts in 16 games last year I believe. He could be a good 4th line option at league min.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
First few hrs or free agency and it's been all AHLers plus Brown. No other team is focused on AHLers like Jackson. It's not like he is poaching top UFA AHLers from other clubs either
Free agency doesn’t technically open for 5 more minutes. I’m sure other clubs are signing AHLers but we don’t hear about it cause, no one really reports on that outside of the teams themselves.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This site.

plane-crash-explode.gif

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If they could sign both, I do wonder if they are considering RNH as a 3C
They should. Hopkins isn’t a 5v5 scorer anyways- but I think he is smart enough and defensively aware to be the 3rd line centre. That was always the thought process when we drafted Draisaitl and McDavid- no?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
VD is going to Klim Kostin himself. I can hear Jason Strudwick yelling to stay with the Oilers in between slurpee sips.

It will be the right move for him just like it was for Kostin. This is almost certainly the only opportunity he will ever have to get his.

I'm glad it won't be us giving it to him, though.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I meant in the context of the rumors that the Oilers are looking to move him (and assuming they can, why shouldn't they)
Unless they are in on Marchessault /Stamkos of the free agency there is no immediate need to move Kane even if he somehow waives his NMC after building a house in Edmonton and saying nothing but all nice things about Edmonton.

Edmonton media is trying to push this Edmonton wants Kane out narrative. Realistically chances of Kane leaving are about the same as us getting rid of Nurse , Nuge or Hyman.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
If only we could sign some of these guys so the same folks that complain about us doing nothing can complain about having “dead cap” a few years down the line when we buy them out.

download.png

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Chiarelli left the whole core and coaching staff for Holland. Woodcroft saved Holland’s ass. Being left McDavid and Draisaitl on long term contracts is not shambles. Skinner also saved Holland’s ass. Also a Chiarelli leftover

Foshizzle... you really should go and remind yourself who was on our roster when Holland took over. Our best forward after Nuge was Steve Chiasson, then Kassian, then Lucic, then Khaira... then a collection of Currie, Rattie, Reider, Cave, Spooner...

It was really ugly: 2018-19 Edmonton Oilers Roster, Stats, Injuries, Scores, Results, Shootouts | Hockey-Reference.com

The fact that Chiarelli's picks only materialized Skinner and Bouchard... is not "saving" Holland, it's a further pretty damning statement on the predicament Holland started in... zero NHL depth at forward and D, an overpaid goalie at replacement level, zero cap and two-future-nhl level prospects in the minors, three if you count McLeod.

And it's not like Chiarelli had been "mortgaging" our future by trading for support each trade deadline... he simply just wasn't very good at his job.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Happy to see some of the crap west teams add some players. Keeps them from signing with someone we have to worry about.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If they could sign both, I do wonder if they are considering RNH as a 3C
They should. Hopkins isn’t a 5v5 scorer anyways- but I think he is smart enough and defensively aware to be the 3rd line centre. That was always the thought process when we drafted Draisaitl and McDavid- no

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
We have the money for what he is worth, not what he wants. He was a healthy scratch in the playoffs cause he can’t handle speed. Wish him well.
F
We have the money for what he is worth, not what he wants. He was a healthy scratch in the playoffs cause he can’t handle speed. Wish him well.
Facts. I understand his reasoning, but I would've liked him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad