Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Meh. Vinny had his moments but he was scratched in the playoffs for a reason. Don’t think he’ll be missed much on the PK as it seemed even better once we was off it

But genuinely happy for him going to get the bag from a team willing to pay, he earned it

Will be interesting to see what he gets paid. If its less than 2, probably should of traded Ceci. If its more than 2, I can see why Oilers just moved on.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
All this talk of is having no cap space must mean we have something in the works ?

Because we do have some cap space to work with

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't even understand why people want Kane back. He was pretty useless on this run, is an aging, injury-prone power forward, and doesn't have chemistry with Draisaitl.

Holloway - Draisaitl - X should be the template for the second line. Enough playing Holloway on his off wing.
What do you mean by back? It's not that he is a UFA and we are gunning for him to return. The guy has a NMC and isn't going anywhere unless he wants to.
People are not in love with him, we just understand the business side and the fact that he played injured most of last season.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
What do you mean by back? It's not that he is a UFA and we are gunning for him to return. The guy has a NMC and isn't going anywhere unless he wants to.
People are not in love with him, we just understand the business side and the fact that he played injured most of last season.
I meant in the context of the rumors that the Oilers are looking to move him (and assuming they can, why shouldn't they)

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
You’re struggling grasping what the point is.

Point is players that aren’t available (or are impossible to acquire due to cap hit) become available during the season that you don’t expect. Kane was one. Ekholm was one.

The means in which they become available are completely irrelevant, but that matters to you for some reason, as if it doesn’t count unless the management group has to fight for it.
You have trouble grasping the point because you have moved the goalposts and went on a tangent. My point was simply that you cannot go into the season with the same 6 defencemen. Thinking you can obtain a top 4 RD in-season is something that this team hasn’t been able to do. That’s all I said

Macblender

May 5, 2014
This could be desharnais only payday in the league. He is likely looking for 2+ so move on. If he was 1-1.25 it would be good depth but otherwise he is very replaceable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad