Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Don't Like this. If we lose Foegle and Kane and don't sign Carrick we are even softer than last year.

Kane @ $4m if he returns to form is still a good deal. I don't see us upgrading him on a trade.
You don't like this?

Kane at 5.1 mil is bad, not to mention it's only going to get worse. Dude always seems to be battling injuries

Reactions: foshizzle

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
They're just locking up all the AHL players first. Chill guys. :sarcasm:

You don't like this?

Kane at 5.1 mil is bad, not to mention it's only going to get worse. Dude always seems to be battling injuries

You say injuries like he's got a bum shoulder or back. Scored 24 goals with his damaged wrist and a sports hernia is an easy fix.

You're not going to find a better replacement in free agency for 5M. You absolutely roll the dice and hope he bounces back.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yes I have. Kane fell into their laps. Please continue with examples.

“Players become available during the season so it doesn’t make sense to shoot your shot in the off season”

“YA BUT HE FELL INTO THEIR LAPS, DOESNT COUNT”

You’re making my point for me, thank you.

Reactions: capazzo

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
You have to be on the teams roster at the previous deadline to sign the 8th year

Really? That sucks. Teams losing their UFA should have a last-ditch opportunity to reclaim some value. I was hoping we could extract at least a 2nd or even 1st for Draisaitl from one of the 10 teams he's open to if we aren't able to resign him next year. $13.5M in available cap + 1st is a lot better downside than $13.5M and no pick.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Chiarelli left the team in shambles. Some absolutely minor credit for drafting decent but probably would have undone that with trading them for trash if given the chance. One playoff appearance. Holland was imperfect but a million times better
I’m not saying the team isn’t better, as they quite obviously are. But some boneheaded contracts affecting the cap don’t give them much room to improve where they need to after a cup finals appearance. It’s going to be a quiet day for the Oilers.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Chiarelli left the team in shambles. Some absolutely minor credit for drafting decent but probably would have undone that with trading them for trash if given the chance. One playoff appearance. Holland was imperfect but a million times better
Chiarelli left the whole core and coaching staff for Holland. Woodcroft saved Holland’s ass. Being left McDavid and Draisaitl on long term contracts is not shambles. Skinner also saved Holland’s ass. Also a Chiarelli leftover

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I’m a little surprised there has been zero word on Janmark..

I wonder if he’s getting a bit more attention than anticipated.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
“Players become available during the season so it doesn’t make sense to shoot your shot in the off season”

“YA BUT HE FELL INTO THEIR LAPS, DOESNT COUNT”

You’re making my point for me, thank you.
lol- how am I making your point- and who are you quoting? Okay- I’ll wait for a suspended puck moving D man this year too. If it happens- I’ll give you all the credit.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I don't even understand why people want Kane back. He was pretty useless on this run, is an aging, injury-prone power forward, and doesn't have chemistry with Draisaitl.

Holloway - Draisaitl - X should be the template for the second line. Enough playing Holloway on his off wing.

Reactions: foshizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad