Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Gross enough to take us to game 7 of SC finals. We can add someone at trade deadline.. for now i will he happy if we just resign Desharnais

That's so cheap.. Great for NJ I guess

That Pesce deal way less than I thought it would. Wonder if he just wanted to go to NJ. (Born in NY). I think he could of got more elsewhere.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why are people bitching about the D? We made the Cup final with it lmfao

Also, why aren’t we looking at 3Cs? McLeod isn’t it

Awesome!!!!

Except that’s not our second pair anymore genius
Maybe Henrique will come around and be our 3C.. we still need a Foegele replacement

Reactions: McTonyBrar

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Maybe a position best filled at the deadline.

Brown at 1m is amazing. I was hoping for 2 years on the cheap, but I'll take it.

Like I've been saying, he's starting to find his game again. Elite on the PK, and now that he's found his legs again, he can be a reliable top 6 call-up when needed. Not all season, but he can play the odd game and not look horribly out of place.
They’ve tried that and failed many times. Going into the season with the same issues the past 3 years is just stupid in my opinion

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Going into next season with the same defense is not good enough, full stop.
With our cap situation, what is the realistic what to improve it today?

Carrick who stayed in Nashville? Pesce who likely wanted to stay on an Eastern American team? Montour who we will never be able to afford?

We let Broberg grow into a 2nd pair dman this year, and we address the blueline at the deadline when there are more options.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I am not too worried about Ceci. He can be traded later this summer. The same with McLeod. Maybe if Broberg can continue to improve and drag Nurses deadbeat body around Ceci and Kulak isn't a bad bottom pairing

Kulak - Ceci isn’t a bad pairing (but too expensive for my liking). Just puts a lot of pressure on Broberg because Nurse is a mess.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
With our cap situation, what is the realistic what to improve it today?

Carrick who stayed in Nashville? Pesce who likely wanted to stay on an Eastern American team? Montour who we will never be able to afford?

We let Broberg grow into a 2nd pair dman this year, and we address the blueline at the deadline when there are more options.
I just don't want to see Ceci/Nurse anymore. And believe me, there will be a time it happens during the course of the season.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
If they sign Arvidsson or another top 6 wing you can always drop RNH to 3C for awhile to give Holloway a good look in the top 6. Hyman/Kane/Arvidsson/Holloway are good enough top six wings with Drai/McDavid as your centers

If that doesn't pan out you can add your 3C at the deadline

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Why are people bitching about the D? We made the Cup final with it lmfao

Also, why aren’t we looking at 3Cs? McLeod isn’t it

Awesome!!!!

Except that’s not our second pair anymore genius
Dude, if you want to get there again, you need to constantly be getting better. If all the teams around you are getting better, and you are not, do you think you make the finals again? Also, you didn’t win it- so you need to tweak to ensure a)you get there b) you can win

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad