Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Stauffer seems to insinuate that our Defense will stay the same minus a #6/7 signing.

They cannot consider keeping Ceci.

He did however state that the Oil are looking to sign a top 6 to play with Drai.

Reactions: Macheteops

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Stauffer seems to insinuate that our Defense will stay the same minus a #6/7 signing.

He did however state that the Oil are looking to sign a top 6 to play with Drai.
Not necessarily. Just a new D wouldn’t be a free agent

Reactions: capazzo

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Ceci would have been moved already. Could be that Jackson wants to leave any trades for the new GM, or they figure he can go out at the deadline anyhow

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Maybe a position best filled at the deadline.

Brown at 1m is amazing. I was hoping for 2 years on the cheap, but I'll take it.

Like I've been saying, he's starting to find his game again. Elite on the PK, and now that he's found his legs again, he can be a reliable top 6 call-up when needed. Not all season, but he can play the odd game and not look horribly out of place.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don’t mind same defence. Ceci is serviceable and upgrading the RD spot at the deadline becomes a priority. Where he is the guy out for salary to do that
The issue is, we have been looking to upgrade on Ceci for the last 2 years and he has only got worse.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Got to love when a player was overpaid for them to return the favour by taking less. Need to give Brown some extra love this year. I think Brown mention how much Oilers fans cheered for him when he scored his 1st goal this year so I am sure he already felt the love.

Got to love when a player was overpaid for them to return the favour by taking less. Need to give Brown some extra love this year. I think Brown mention how much Oilers fans cheered for him when he scored his 1st goal this year so I am sure he already felt the love.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I feel like a new GM should have been in place before the season ended, even if not officially. They knew they were moving on from Holland, just have a for sure plan in place

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why are people bitching about the defence? We went to the Cup final with it LOL

Why aren’t we looking to add a 3C?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Ceci would have been moved already. Could be that Jackson wants to leave any trades for the new GM, or they figure he can go out at the deadline anyhow

Least with 1 year left, Ceci can be added at a deadline to make the money work.

I am not sure there’s really a great RD out there anyway.

But I hope we find a way to bring another C and RW in with whatever cap we have left.

Reactions: K1984 and Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad