Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So under the presumption the roster is unchanged except for moving Ceci + Kulak out and Janmark + Brown extensions are a matter of time, the UFA's I want are.

-Matt Roy for Ceci's old spot, IMO he's the most likely person to fix the Nurse pairing that has been wrecking us for 3 years straight in the playoffs, I like him better than Pesce and I'm guessing he'll come in cheaper than Pesce.
- Back-up plan for Matt Roy is Sean Walker a very different player and a bit scary not having the track record of high end play, but I see him filling a role similar to a younger Tyson Barrie where his puck rushing/movement skills help elevate lesser 3rd/4th line talents to be more productive and on the attack more.

My top 6 winger pick is:
-Matt Duchene- rumored to be going back to DAL, but I see him as the 3rd play driver on the team which we have been lacking for a while, also I could see him meshing with any of our top centers.
-back-up plan is Viktor Arvidsson- I think he fills a similar role to what Yamo did on the RNH - Drai - Yamo line, but he's the deluxe version of Yamo, bound to create some pressure and turnovers for the other 2 to feast on.

(based on AFP Analytics numbers most of the wingers are overpriced by a decent chunk, I'd probably go the value route if I miss out on these 2)

-Then my pick for 3rd pair RHD is Jani Hakanpaa- fills a pretty similar role to Desharnais, but I'm thinking he's a smidge better, though I'm also entirely comfortable brinding Desharnais back

Looking at the 4tn line C options I'm going to say most of them are ass, I might flip a coin between Boqvist and Carrick, if we got Carrick I'd lean towards a cheap skill splash and if we got J. Boqvist, I'd probably look for some beef that either hits or drives possession.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I like Debrusk more, but I think he's going to get overpaid, where as the Foegele market I think is going to be less contested and more reasonable. On Day 1 of Free Agency I'm trying to dodge both.
What’s the most you would do for Debrusk and Foegele?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Man Foegele without the yips might be an elite player. So weird that his hands fail him at the last second almost all the time. Oh well we had 3 years and training with McDavid to get that out of his game, guess it’s not happening.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
lol. Picks 1 through 5+

Trade will live in infamy. Would be hilarious if Jeannot popped off now though..

That will forever be one of the weirdest trades in NHL history, I remember seeing the update on my phone and being....

rPhF5dH.gif

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So under the presumption the roster is unchanged except for moving Ceci + Kulak out and Janmark + Brown extensions are a matter of time, the UFA's I want are.

-Matt Roy for Ceci's old spot, IMO he's the most likely person to fix the Nurse pairing that has been wrecking us for 3 years straight in the playoffs, I like him better than Pesce and I'm guessing he'll come in cheaper than Pesce.
- Back-up plan for Matt Roy is Sean Walker a very different player and a bit scary not having the track record of high end play, but I see him filling a role similar to a younger Tyson Barrie where his puck rushing/movement skills help elevate lesser 3rd/4th line talents to be more productive and on the attack more.

My top 6 winger pick is:
-Matt Duchene- rumored to be going back to DAL, but I see him as the 3rd play driver on the team which we have been lacking for a while, also I could see him meshing with any of our top centers.
-back-up plan is Viktor Arvidsson- I think he fills a similar role to what Yamo did on the RNH - Drai - Yamo line, but he's the deluxe version of Yamo, bound to create some pressure and turnovers for the other 2 to feast on.

(based on AFP Analytics numbers most of the wingers are overpriced by a decent chunk, I'd probably go the value route if I miss out on these 2)

-Then my pick for 3rd pair RHD is Jani Hakanpaa- fills a pretty similar role to Desharnais, but I'm thinking he's a smidge better, though I'm also entirely comfortable brinding Desharnais back

Looking at the 4tn line C options I'm going to say most of them are ass, I might flip a coin between Boqvist and Carrick, if we got Carrick I'd lean towards a cheap skill splash and if we got J. Boqvist, I'd probably look for some beef that either hits or drives possession.

I like the idea of a guy like Duchene a lot for the exact reason you said. A guy who isn't afraid to be the guy on an offensive line.

But I'm not sure its fair to say Kulak or Ceci are on their way out at this point. If these guys were going to be moved presumably it would have happened at the draft.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Is Debrusk actually way better or did he just get extra PP time in Boston that he'd never get here? There 5v5 production is nearly identical over the past three years.

Best I can summarize.
  • Foegele is the better forechecker, though both are decent puck hounds.
  • Debrusk is miles better in and around the net, by far where he brings the most value. Though it should be noted the Bruins replaced him in that role with an ancient JVR this year.
  • Both have nice wristers, but imo it's an overrated part of their games. It's that case where they make a beauty snipe once every 15 games, but it's just not a consistent threat.
  • Both are guilty of wearing blinders whenever they get the puck. This is ultimately the thing that kills Foegele's ability to be a top-sixer. In 3 years here, can anyone think of 3 nice assists he's made? It's a similar story with Debrusk in Boston; they don't create or make their linemates better.
Basically Debrusk is far better in the Hyman/Smyth area around the crease, but once you go more than 20ft out from the net, they're very similar players. Though I do think Debrusk's ability to go to the net would be a good fit here, and I'd happily take him for 3mil, but not 5+. He doesn't fix the issue that really only McDavid and Drai can create offence.

I'd have far more time for guys like Arvidsson, and Declair. Maybe Pacioretty or even Tatar if they want to take a dirt cheap deal to bet on themselves bouncing back.
Guys that can make something out of nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad