Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Re-signing UFAs isn't rocket appliances

Don't talk a big game if you can't back it up

Holland would have been crucified here if he stated the same and sat on his hands until their rights expired

Just givin' ol' JJ the same courtesy

Edit: In all seriousness, it is what it is. Just amused that there was so much talk about getting UFAs re-signed and it's been zippo so far outside Picks. Also don't think the excuse that he "hasn't had enough time" is reasonable. He knew after game 6's win that it was going to be tight.

Takes two to tango… confirming your worth on the open market doesn’t mean you aren’t coming back, even at a discount…. It just means you now have a basis for your argument about how much of a discount you are willing to take

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Takes two to tango… confirming your worth on the open market doesn’t mean you aren’t coming back, even at a discount…. It just means you now have a basis for your argument about how much of a discount you are willing to take

Agreed. But they can't afford to pay them market value or even market value minus a small loyalty discount, like Kulak from what was said. I could see the two of them doing what Kulak did (checking what's out there and coming back to sign), but I don't think the Oilers can afford that.

Might be more changes than fans were initially expecting.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
It's wild that we are about to be in free agency without a GM. Crazy town.

Are we asking FA's to commit to McJesus?

Definitely not something they've done before or anything

giphy.gif

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It's wild that we are about to be in free agency without a GM. Crazy town.

Are we asking FA's to commit to McJesus?

It is quite crazy. The only thing I can think of is that this is clearly JJ’s team in terms of player personnel decisions. Otherwise, we would have had a GM in place before July 1.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Hes arguing with a guy who was actually an accountant. ;)
An accountant doing a dance. ;)

When one argues points in here, one tends to bump up against individuals with a vested interest in some of these decisions. When facts are pointed out that may not make people in the org. look good, the dancing starts.

There is a reason we shake our heads when the Oilers are in cap hell nearly every single year. They are poor stewards of that, IMO. So far.

That my simple argument with simple math drew such ire in here is kind of proof of that.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Stars didn't qualify Sam Steel, I hope the Oilers make an offer for the hometown boy. Would fit in well on the 4th line.

Sam Steel is the poster boy of players that show up, do their job, make an impact, play well, but will always bounce around because he performs well enough that teams get scared away by arbitration.

Arbitration is great for players - only if they’re really good. This system takes good players and either pushes them out of the league prematurely or creates a low paid journeyman out of a guy that deserves more.

Having said that - yes I’ll take him for 4C haha. Liked him for a while.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
An accountant doing a dance. ;)

When one argues points in here, one tends to bump up against individuals with a vested interest in some of these decisions. When facts are pointed out that may not make people in the org. look good, the dancing starts.

There is a reason we shake our heads when the Oilers are in cap hell nearly every single year. They are poor stewards of that, IMO. So far.

That my simple argument with simple math drew such ire in here is kind of proof of that.

If only everyone here, and the many league GMs that use buyouts routinely were as wise as you.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay