Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would honestly be shocked if Brown left. He's good friends with Luke Gazdic and 97. And he loves the fan support and the group of guys in the locker room.
I would be gutted if he leaves. He is clearly an important fixture in that locker room. And he's an established NHL winger that likely bounce back to his previous level of play.

Janmark deserves to stay, too.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Canes have good for a long while now though and are a contender. More of a contender than regressed Tbay. We'll never know for sure, but it could be the taxes.
They're more pretenders than contenders, and it should be obvious that winning isn't a big thing with most UFAs regardless.

Tbay may be on a downswing, but it still has the lingering reputation of success with the remnants of it's elite core still making an impact. Carolina by contrast is a much less desirable location with a previously mentioned meddling(cheap too) owner

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Why is everyone losing their minds over Bowman? It was a tweet by Strickland saying he’s heard nothing leak from the Oilers. Bowman hasn’t been reinstated and maybe Oilers? He’s speculating and got the views he needs from Oiler nation.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They're more pretenders than contenders, and it should be obvious that winning isn't a big thing with most UFAs regardless.

Tbay may be on a downswing, but it still has the lingering reputation of success with the remnants of it's elite core still making an impact. Carolina by contrast is a much less desirable location with a previously mentioned meddling(cheap too) owner
Hm I think they could have taken out NYR this year. And probably gave the Cats a better fight than NYR did. They lack some top top end talent though.

Tbay got beat by the Leafs in the playoffs. They are running on reputation only at this point.

Carolina is the worse location though... so maybe its that. Or maybe its the taxes.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Bring back the UFA’s means Pickard apparently. I wonder if JJ just took too long to get guys signed and now they are getting better offers from other teams.

Or maybe they will sign in an hour.

Reactions: Oilhawks and McDrai

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I don’t have anything much on my wish list for the oilers in free agency but Jordan Martinook would be a great fit in the middle six. The guy is a wrecking ball.

Local boy, wife from the area, grew up Oilers fan - might be a bit expensive.

Could double down with the exact same description and sign Jake DeBrusk too.

Reactions: Morpheus

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2