Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Not to beat the "played with Connor in junior" thing to death, but if Raddysh could be had for a good number, I think he would be a good signing. He also has Knob to offer up how coachable he is, on top of the Connors. If he didn't come in and produce, he is at least a solid 4th like and PK option, again if the $ is right. I would actually prefer a flyer on him over Debrusk, assuming a top 6 role is where Raddysh would be given a shot at. Then maybe there would be enough for a Ceci upgrade and/or having enough to convince Rico to stay.
Raddysh would be an excellent buy low candidate. As you say he has been a good pk'er so even if he does not produce he can contribute.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Sounds like he was terrible except on the PK last year according to some Hawks fans on the mains. If we can get him for 1-2 years at a hit that could be burried, I'd be down for it. Seems to have good hands and is willing to get to and park in front of the net. Thats how goals are scored in the playoffs.

For some reason I happened to watch a few Blackhawk games during the point in the season where essentially the entire roster was injured. He stood out in a bunch of those games and he obviously had zero support to lean on. He’s a guy I’d like for the right price I think.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
No, it’s much smarter to have a smaller dead cap penalty spread out over a longer period. You feel it a lot less that way.
I'm not liking Jackson so far he should have had an interim GM in place instantly the only thing done so far is 200k of cap savings per year over 6 years, none of our UFA are re-signed and if we lose them we are going to have a weaker club going into next season signing a bunch of million dollar plugs teams are coming after Janmark and Brown book it after their playoffs Henrique as well

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Tkachuk you know you left Alberta two years ago, right? It's hilarious that he cares so much about the Oilers now as a rival than he cared about the Flames while he was playing for them.

Meanwhile the crowd is quickly googling this mysterious person named "Ed Monton".
Is that Tony Montana’s cousin?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Well based on the past, nothing much happens after Day 1 FA. Theres a little bit of action on Day 2 and then GM’s basically go on holidays. This year might be different just because of the tight schedule but it’s probably not going to be much different.

After Day 1 the roster is close to set for most teamS. Qualifying guys and some contract extensions get done.

I think expectations are that a lot will happen tomorrow, and that the Oilers will sign some impact players which is not going to be happening. I think other than Janmark and maybe one other it's pretty quiet around here causing the forum to go on full boil. We dont have a lot of money so its going to be a quiet summer unless Nurse or Kane gets moved out and that would have happened by now I think to take advantage of tomorrow.

Reactions: bellagiobob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sounds like he was terrible except on the PK last year according to some Hawks fans on the mains. If we can get him for 1-2 years at a hit that could be burried, I'd be down for it. Seems to have good hands and is willing to get to and park in front of the net. Thats how goals are scored in the playoffs.
Yeh I like how his scoring is very NHL like. He scores in ways that can be reliability repeatable in this League. If he get his touch back or whatever he lost, it may be a good bet. Playing on a non dumpster team would already help. Yeh if he’s cheap and he should be, I’d consider a flyer on him.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Memories, right?

😂

Hopefully you got yourself a shirt.

No just an expensive Uber bill. That entire game including travelling way out to the middle of nowhere was a colossal waste of time. Raleigh is like visiting your grandma. Its nice but there's not a lot to do.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
For some reason I happened to watch a few Blackhawk games during the point in the season where essentially the entire roster was injured. He stood out in a bunch of those games and he obviously had zero support to lean on. He’s a guy I’d like for the right price I think.
Interesting. Stood out in a good way?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Still 8+ reasonable hours to get things done. If not, Jackson is far worse than any have claimed Holland to be

Not sure how much can get done today and not that there is any rush. As said we dont have a lot to spend, players that want to come back here will be patient and get re-signed in due course. Tomorrow is going to be interesting seeing how many teams sign players to contracts that will be bought out or in the case of Toronto put on Robidas Island in 2-3 years time. Lots of mistakes made on FA day, as we know with Lucic and Campbell!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We have close to 13 million. Your saying our bottom six wingers will cost 13 million all together? Sorry going back with this roster is not going to get us the Cup. We need one improvement on the 2nd line.

Yup our bottom 6 will cost 13 million including re-signing Holloway and Broberg.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Wonder if the posters that said ‘he’s not a bad guy that he no longer plays for the Flames’ still feel that way. What a puke
Pretty confident talk from a guy/team that came unbelievably close to being an all time sports laughingstock by choking away a 3-0 series lead. They just won the championship and are still irrelevant in that city.

I don’t care what anyone says, in a league that has worked hard to manufacture parity and strives to keep teams as close as possible, teams like Florida enjoy a massive competitive advantage in attracting players and retaining guys on value contracts. Must be nice to pay peanuts for guys like Tarasenko because they refuse to go anywhere else. A perfect example of the competitive advantage they enjoy is the Forsling/Hronek signings. Forsling is better defender and he signs for 5.75x8 and weeks later Vancouver has to sign an inferior defender for 7.25x8.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
DNB names Arvidsson, Debrusk, Toffoli, Perron and Monahan, Martinook as our potential forward targets and Carrier, Walker as our defensive options

No, he names those players as targets the Oilers should target, not players the Oilers are targeting. It's purely his opinion on what he would do if he were JJ and he simply names the obvious names which anyone can pick. How he became a voting member of the PWHA is anyones guess but the bar is set awfully low with DNB.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Not sure how much can get done today and not that there is any rush. As said we dont have a lot to spend, players that want to come back here will be patient and get re-signed in due course. Tomorrow is going to be interesting seeing how many teams sign players to contracts that will be bought out or in the case of Toronto put on Robidas Island in 2-3 years time. Lots of mistakes made on FA day, as we know with Lucic and Campbell!

Jackson sure talked a big game about bringing back UFAs and having Pickard to show for that before they are able to sign elsewhere.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Jackson sure talked a big game about bringing back UFAs and having Pickard to show for that before they sign elsewhere.

To be fair he has had about 27 minutes to accomplish anything. This close to free agency players may want to see what else is out there as well.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I wonder where Foegele will be in 48 hours? I suspect the Oilers will still make some attempt to re-sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00