Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You've made that clear, but he's gone now so can you please drop it?
Jack was a dead horse for me when he got sent down. When he got sent down there was really nothing else to say about him. He's been bought out, hes gone. You are right, people need to stop talking about him and putting him down. It's not constructive.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
13M with a roster of 14 players though. If we go on the assumption they want to go with the standard 23 man roster, and go on the low end and assume we can sign 8 of the players for an average of 1.25M, that leaves 3M, which doesn't get you much in the way of top 6 forwards these days.

This is their roster currently....

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx
McLeod-Ryan-xxx

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-xxx
Kulak-Ceci

Skinner
Pickard

Putting top 6 forward aside, lets do projected calculations with the guys we know are likely to sign

Janmark, Brown, Broberg and Holloway will fill 4 of those spots for, lets say, roughly $5m give or take a bit so that's 8m left for top 6 forward, 3C and extra forward and Dman. They can fill in the depth spots with prospects, 3C might have to be McLeod for a while. It can be done. If they sign Henrique then they might need to move Ceci to make room and maybe sign somebody cheaper for the bottom pairing.
It'll be tight for sure but there's ways of creating flexibility if they can't fit in the forward as is.

Reactions: McDoused

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think they will be making roster changes: I guess Campbell buyout, Foegele, Brown, Desharnais, Perry not re-signed. Maybe they re-sign Janmark and Henrique. Ceci could be a candidate for a trade as Broberg makes him dispensible. Probably a cheap veteran d-man is acquired in free agency.
I think that Brown comes back but I'm not so sure on Henrique.

Reactions: McBooya42

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
People on Twitter are still defending Campbell and saying he could've been better than Skinner :skeptic:
Defending or not the buyout was stupid it saved 1.7 million this year and gave us 6 years of dead cap and the biggest dead cap hit when the big 3 need to be re-signed

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think that Brown comes back but I'm not so sure on Henrique.
I don't mind Brown if it's at around 1M.

This is their roster currently....

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx
McLeod-Ryan-xxx

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-xxx
Kulak-Ceci

Skinner
Pickard

Putting top 6 forward aside, lets do projected calculations with the guys we know are likely to sign

Janmark, Brown, Broberg and Holloway will fill 4 of those spots for, lets say, roughly $5m give or take a bit so that's 8m left for top 6 forward, 3C and extra forward and Dman. They can fill in the depth spots with prospects, 3C might have to be McLeod for a while. It can be done. If they sign Henrique then they might need to move Ceci to make room and maybe sign somebody cheaper for the bottom pairing.
It'll be tight for sure but there's ways of creating flexibility if they can't fit in the forward as is.
Holloway is pretty much guaranteed to be on the opening night roster. It's hard to see a scenario in which they do not re-sign Janmark.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
He'd get more than that on the open market now that he has his legs back under him.
Hard to tell. He's looked good in a bottom six role, but has not scored much. Is he better than Janmark at this stage of his career? I'd say they are similar players and Janmark has been signing one-year contracts close to a league minimum. The cap-league really limits what players in this tier earn.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Did you read what I was replying to? 5 Mins was saying that Jackson doesn't have much time to get things done today

If Jackson made a big claim about signing all of the UFAs. If they can't get it done because they don't have the time and they walk, that's a massive f*** up.
Haha you were serious about that earlier comment. Literally thought it was sarcasm.

Do people live in reality anymore?

Or do you actually think JJ was going to rebuild the whole team while planning for the biggest contract extension in Oilers history up to this point before he has a GM hired….

Enjoy raging all day tomorrow!

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hard to tell. He's looked good in a bottom six role, but has not scored much. Is he better than Janmark at this stage of his career? I'd say they are similar players and Janmark has been signing one-year contracts close to a league minimum. The cap-league really limits what players in this tier earn.
Both guys were battle tested in the playoffs and excellent PKers, someone will be willing to pay for that if we aren't.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Haha you were serious about that earlier comment. Literally thought it was sarcasm.

Do people live in reality anymore?

Or do you actually think JJ was going to rebuild the whole team while planning for the biggest contract extension in Oilers history up to this point before he has a GM hired….

Enjoy raging all day tomorrow!

No Brown or Janmark would be a massive fail. Getting the RFAs re-signed is a bare minimum.

People whine and moan about Holland but even he could have gotten Brown and Janmark re-signed

Call me out and yet all of the bitching about the most obvious buy out of all time. Laughably misdirected

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
disagree. I think a healthy Kane can still be a huge boon to this team.

That's assuming he CAN get healthy, of course...

If it's true he came in this season out of shape he is definitely done here. Lose respect of the org and teammates who were all in for a cup run this year. Plus poor conditioning could have lead to his hernia which is super embarrassing

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley

Wonder if the posters that said ‘he’s not a bad guy that he no longer plays for the Flames’ still feel that way. What a puke.
He is trying to attach his name to an actual fanbase and franchise with history because he is currently celebrating the cup win in front of 800 people, 600 of whom were just hoping Pitbull would show up for a concert.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Wonder if the posters that said ‘he’s not a bad guy that he no longer plays for the Flames’ still feel that way. What a puke.

The League is a joke that pukes like him get their name on a puck.

Absolute passenger all but a couple games the entire playoffs and talks like he dragged them to the cup.

Also Fahrenheit lols nobody uses that up here or anywhere else in the world (no offense to our American friends)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad