Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
They save $4.5 million over 6 years by buying him out.
I'd like to see your math on that one. Don't forget 1.15 of his cap hit is buriable due to no NMC.

They save 5.9 million yet lose 4.5 million on the back end.

That's 1.4 million.

He doesn't have 1st round value anymore.
...and that supports the argument of cap space over picks.

Reactions: foshizzle

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I'd like to see your math on that one. Don't forget 1.15 of his cap hit is buriable due to no NMC.

That's 1.4 million.

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 4.28.35 PM.png

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

That's 1.4 million.

...and that supports the argument of cap space over picks.

Keep in mind you still have to pay the guy in the minors even if you bury them. Just saying real dollars play a factor here too, not just cap (which they also save more in a buyout).

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
They are not taking into consideration that he can be buried in the minors. They just go by contract. That is 5 million minus whatever. It would be completely true for someone with a NMC.

The reality is its 3.9m minus whatever.

Just because they can save less money in an alternative fashion (by burying him in the minors) doesn't mean we aren't still saving $4.5 million over the next 6 years by buying him out.

Don't make me dig up my math degree, scan it and post it lol.

Reactions: capazzo

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I hope the Oilers take a flyer on a few of those guys with pedigree. Adam Boqvist would be a nice Ceci replacement up until the deadline. I remember we had some interest in him earlier this year.
Do you get the Boqvist combo and sign his brother too? You can never have too many Swedes.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Interesting. Id have interest if Lundkvist can come cheap. RD, high pedigree. Liked what I saw of him when Stars traded for him, but it seems it didn’t work there for him.
Knoblauch coached him in Hartford too, so definitely some inside info.

Like I said during the playoffs #NOPASSION. Yeh they don’t care enough to piss and moan.
I have nothing, but good things to say about Stars fans after the whole La Bamba donation thing.

Canucks, Kings, Panthers fans on the other hand can go f*** themselves...

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Knoblauch coached him in Hartford too, so definitely some inside info.

I have nothing, but good things to say about Stars fans after the whole La Bamba donation thing.

Canucks, Kings, Panthers fans on the other hand can go f*** themselves...
Oh? Didn’t know that. That’s interesting.

Yeh Stars fans were all good during that run. Classy bunch. I agree. But still, that market barely cares.

Reactions: Oilhawks

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Keep in mind you still have to pay the guy in the minors even if you bury them. Just saying real dollars play a factor here too, not just cap (which they also save more in a buyout).
Billionaire, highest revenues in the league, flush with playoff cash. If that's truly in their decison making...

• Haha
Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Billionaire, highest revenues in the league, flush with playoff cash. If that's truly in their decison making...

Yeah they should just throw away 3.3M in real dollars for no reason. Like it or not but the real dollars are part of the equation and a big reason why it costs so much to dump a bad contract. This isn't a video game. These kinds of million dollar mistakes cost people their jobs.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

This would be so juicy. All the meltdowns here and hate from outsiders would be off the charts.

On the actual management side of things, he had a rough go on his way out of Chicago, but did oversee 3 Cup winning teams during his tenure, and the closest thing to a dynasty since the Oilers

I wouldn't be shocked to see JJ make a controversial move like this. But I also doubt it happens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad