Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claim & Somehow Assign Lavoie to Farm... because Oilers.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Think no one else claiming is the proof that there is no other obvious path for Lavoie to stay on an NHL roster if Vegas isn't going to do it.

We probably should have let the smoke clear for a while after this poop show before waiving him again. We so desperately want only 12 forwards and extra cap space accrual though I guess.
Or maybe it was Colorado and they claimed kappo

Oh wow. That’s…wow.
Former oilers chasing the money don’t have a good track record this decade.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I really feel like this point is overblown by them having Ryan and Perry around right now, neither of whom I would expect to be regulars in the lineup come playoff time. Replace them with two of Philp, Savoie or Jarventie and all the sudden the average age goes down significantly.
Its not just that. The amount of over age 30 players is pretty up there.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
What greater display of poor asset management prospect mismanagement do we need than losing 4 top prospects in one offseason?

This org is terrible at it since Booch. To the degree that maybe its moot point it throws drafts away like confetti. We lose the good ones anyway.
That doesn't even speak to how both Broberg and Holloway were suppressed in system by coaches like Woodcroft who refused to play them.

Why would they have any loyalty to this org?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
That doesn't even speak to how both Broberg and Holloway were suppressed in system by coaches like Woodcroft who refused to play them.

Why would they have any loyalty to this org?
Yeah, I've voiced this here many times. Woodcrap had an aversion to properly using youth. Unfortunately KK now is smelling like that as well. Or its the org forcing hand. The starting day lineup is questionable.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Yeah, I've voiced this here many times. Woodcrap had an aversion to properly using youth. Unfortunately KK now is smelling like that as well. Or its the org forcing hand. The starting day lineup is questionable.
Contrast that with Tampa who were always bringing in young guys during their contending years. Was hoping things would change with Bowman, but clearly he thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

The question I have is that they are preserving every penny of cap space for the deadline, but when we get their we have only a few draft picks as trade capital since our cupboard is bare of prospects. How are we acquiring anyone with a bit of term without the assets?

Reactions: Fourier

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011

patrick-stewart-mild-shock.gif

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Vegas reclaimed him and assigned him to Henderson.

Thing is, I never remembered that to be a thing. I always thought if a player is waived, then he gets picked up, then waived again, and the original team he came from claims him, he can be sent to the farm without clearing waivers again. Since when was that a rule? I think that's stupid for a loophole where if one team puts a claim that isn't the original team claiming him, he cannot go to the farm team. That's bullshit. We should have kept him, and if any other team puts in a claim NOT Vegas, then he can go to their team.

Reactions: North

North

Jun 25, 2009
The asset management with this team is legendary.
The problem may actually be Holland’s drafting. None of the guys he drafted showed much of a pulse until recently.

Thing is, I never remembered that to be a thing. I always thought if a player is waived, then he gets picked up, then waived again, and the original team he came from claims him, he can be sent to the farm without clearing waivers again. Since when was that a rule? I think that's stupid for a loophole where if one team puts a claim that isn't the original team claiming him, he cannot go to the farm team. That's bullshit. We should have kept him, and if any other team puts in a claim NOT Vegas, then he can go to their team.
It’s a stupid rule. Once we won the claim that should have been it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Vegas reclaimed him and assigned him to Henderson.

That’s such bullshit. Oh well, he can toil in those gaudy silver helmets playing for a team that cares less about its prospects than we even do.

Is Tyler Benson still with Henderson?

I think the lineup was decided in the summer by JJ and SB. KK is merely playing the hand he was dealt - IMO.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
There is so way Vegas just Colluded with another team to do this. If i was Katz i would hound Bettman and have an investigation opened up. If a team just wanted to f*** with us that's one thing, but if they Talked with Vegas at all about this that is absolutely f***ed
Our org doesn't complain. They sit on their hands

Plus, if Katz started complaining, Gary would just say we owe CGY or Vegas a draft pick for shi*s and giggles

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

Looks like Colorado and Vegas colluded to use the stupid and wrong waiver rule to submarine the Oilers to ensure Lavoie wound up in Henderson. Of course Bettman will smile and award Calgary our 3rd Round pick because Oilers.
Colorado is thin up front. They probably wanted Lavoie. Then passed on him yesterday because they chose the goalie from the Jets instead.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Colorado is thin up front. They probably wanted Lavoie. Then passed on him yesterday because they chose the goalie from the Jets instead.
But they wouldn't have known if they got the goalie until today as well. Could have put in a claim for both players, knowing that Vegas was likely to put in a claim for Lavoie. Worst case is they would have put Lavoie back on waivers the next day. They never wanted Lavoie, it was a favor to Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad