Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Edmonton Reclaim Former Oiler Raphael Lavoie via Waivers

Morpheus

I am bot
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Bot’s Motel
IMG_5412.gif

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's the regular season standings. One of Rangers, Starts, Jets, Hurricanes, Panthers, Nucks, Bruins, Avalanche.
Hurricanes, Avalanche and Stars the only teams with the cap space and roster space to add him without having needed to make an extra roster move.

Reactions: K1984

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
Vegas did the Oilers a favour by taking him for 24 hours. We were able to maximize the LTIR recapture by bringing up Wright and Savoie and not worry about Lavoie cap hit.

Now with Lavoie on the roster once Jarventie is sent down they will have approx $400K that can accrue to approx $1.8 million by deadline.

I'm not a fan of only having 12F on the roster. The skaters in the bottom six (or maybe Skinner) sometimes need the motivation that their spot can be taken by the healthy scratch.

Reactions: MoontoScott

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
With a number of Oiler forwards who are older (lots of mileage and fatigue) you will inevitably get some injuries so give up some cap space on Lavoie and then perhaps he can spend some time in the top 6 if/when the need arises.

Please don't give him up to the Panthers and the mega-rat if indeed its the Panthers who have put in the claim.

Reactions: ConnorNova0929

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Vegas did the Oilers a favour by taking him for 24 hours. We were able to maximize the LTIR recapture by bringing up Wright and Savoie and not worry about Lavoie cap hit.

Now with Lavoie on the roster once Jarventie is sent down they will have approx $400K that can accrue to approx $1.8 million by deadline.

I'm not a fan of only having 12F on the roster. The skaters in the bottom six (or maybe Skinner) sometimes need the motivation that their spot can be taken by the healthy scratch.
Thats way less deadline cap than we were planning. It screws us either way. Either we lose Lavoie or we lose cap at the deadline.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
You can't tell me these teams aren't colluding to screw with the Oilers.

I was just saying the same thing I have never in my life heard of this situation occurring at any time. Seems the mantra this year is to make sure the Oilers can’t make a deadline acquisition that puts them over the top. It’s like the league sent out a memo to the other 31 teams that we got too close last year and it can’t happen again

Reactions: Sanchez

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That team, almost without question, was Vancouver.
Actually huge question, impossible for them to claim them. Rangers, Stars, Hurricanes, Jets, Panthers, Canucks, Bruins, Avalanche were behind us in the standings. Only teams that would have the cap hit to add Lavoie is the Hurricanes, the Avs and the Stars.;

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad