Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Edmonton Reclaim Former Oiler Raphael Lavoie via Waivers

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

ADnK14.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think he might have had a chance to stick if he didn't get hurt in the latter part of camp.

They will get the inevitable injury to Arvidsson and that might be the perfect spot for Lavoie later this season. It's in his hands now, go score a pile of goals in the AHL and be ready for that call if it happens.

9B7088F9-A3DA-49EE-BB6F-4D08A258E143.gif

@Jarvi you said you were happy being a prick about being right. I guess your only just a prick now. :sarcasm:

Sorry not sorry.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Here's a question: Will Lavoie's stint in Vegas show up in the stats and history books? If 20 years from now he retires as an Oiler, will he be considered a career Oiler technically?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
THE LEGEND IS BACK.

...seriously, happy to reclaim RL so we can (hopefully) give him a real opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Podkolzin-Henrique-Lavoie line at some point early in the year to really give those two young guys on the bubble a fair shot.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Glad that they got Lavoie back. Who knows if he amounts to anything but it's nice to have a near NHL ready young player that COULD amount to something especially with a skillset that is absent in the organization. I feel better about potential call up options now. Hopefully Jaeventie gets healthy now and gives them another option.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Here's a question: Will Lavoie's stint in Vegas show up in the stats and history books? If 20 years from now he retires as an Oiler, will he be considered a career Oiler technically?
Well, the Oilers don't show up on Mike Richter or Brian Leetch's stat history and we had them for like, a day each as well. He never played a game for Vegas, so he isn't going to show up on stat sheets.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Idk maybe he's the next Gordie Howe? :naughty:
He’s my favourite player and only player that I have a signed jersey of, so I can accept the high standard to aim for.

PS - just want to clarify I’m talking about Mr Hockey, not Raf. But maybe someday I will get a signed sweater from him too…🙂

• Love
Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad