Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

North

Jun 25, 2009
But Ceci is an active player? Lehner has been done for a couple years now.

Did the Oilers require Klefbom to report every camp to be evaluated for LTIR? Is that the actual procedure? Is there one? Or are you just on LTIR indefinitely? I honestly don't know.

Is the thought that Lehner is actually cleared to play and they just don't want him to?
Lehrer had hip issues that pretty much would most likely end his career.

powerserge

Oct 12, 2022
But Ceci is an active player? Lehner has been done for a couple years now.

Did the Oilers require Klefbom to report every camp to be evaluated for LTIR? Is that the actual procedure? Is there one? Or are you just on LTIR indefinitely? I honestly don't know.

Is the thought that Lehner is actually cleared to play and they just don't want him to?
Wish I knew. Murray said he was good to play during the playoffs in 2022-23, his own words, yet last year he was LTIR all season. Go figure. Not sure how teams can get away with this.

As with Lehner today. Whenever a team is paying for a player where their salary cannot just be buried that means there is a cap hit, unless your Vegas.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What do you mean?

Lehner isn't reporting for camp. If he was, he'd get the evaluation everyone knows he would and he would be placed on LTIR, alleviating Vegas of the cap hit anyways. He's toast.

I don't see what the "cheating" is.
Ah ok, fair enough. Free Cap space for an injured player is pretty nice.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What do you mean?

Lehner isn't reporting for camp. If he was, he'd get the evaluation everyone knows he would and he would be placed on LTIR, alleviating Vegas of the cap hit anyways. He's toast.

I don't see what the "cheating" is.
If it was that clear that they could terminate, they wouldn’t be paying him his 4.5 million.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Btw thanks for letting me go off topic and BS a little bit on this board from time to time.

Pretty chill group who tells it like it is, but also doesn’t cross the line of being disrespectful

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They had grounds to terminate Lehner's contract. We don't know the details but players still need to show up for medicals. I also wouldn't put it past Vegas if there was some backroom deal for Lehner to miss his medical to get this ball rolling.
If they had a serious case, they wouldn’t be paying him his full amount right now

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Stauffer and Brendan Escott are saying they are very leery about the Oilers defence is after seeing how below average Josh Brown has been. They believe Edmonton has more #7 defenceman than they thought. There is concern now.

He also said his text from close to camp (Oilers in the market for a top 4 Dman with little term) and he said it’s time “read between the lines”.

He also said Brown should’ve thought 2 weeks ago about having a better training camp

So..

Last edited:

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Stauffer and Brendan Escott are saying they are very leery about the Oilers defence is after seeing how below average Josh Brown has been. They believe Edmonton has more #7 defenceman than they thought. There is concern now.

He also said his text from close to camp (Oilers in the market for a top 4 Dman with little term) and he said it’s time “read between the lines”.

He also said Brown should’ve thought 2 weeks ago about having a better training cap.

So..
They signed him to a three year deal. They aren't gonna eat crow on this guy for some time.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

He also said Brown should’ve thought 2 weeks ago about having a better training cap.

So..
I don't see why this would be a surprise to the org. It only took them a few months to find out what we knew in July

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
There were analytics out there demonstrating that Brown is one of the worst dmen in the NHL before the Oilers signed him for 3 years. It’s a stupid signing and far from the worst thing that the org has done under Jeff Jackson’s watch. #fireJJ

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

So..
Haha yeah Brown probably should have decided to not suck. Oh well, he’s got 3 mil and probably not regretting anything.

Easily buried.. just get a top 4 RD.. been saying this forever. Easier said than done but please surprise me Bowman

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He did in preseason. Let's see.
I bet Brown was signed because Knoblauch liked Desharnais and asked for a replacement. Imo Knoblauch genuinely wants Brown to pan out. I'm all for him doing that. I'll only criticize when the season starts.

Brown's been played a ton but the preseason is too long anyway. We know what Dermott and Stecher and Emberson are like. Brown too. Knoblauch can play Brown as much as he wants to while the games dont matter.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I bet Brown was signed because Knoblauch liked Desharnais and asked for a replacement. Imo Knoblauch genuinely wants Brown to pan out. I'm all for him doing that. I'll only criticize when the season starts.

Brown's been played a ton but the preseason is too long anyway. We know what Dermott and Stecher and Emberson are like. Brown too. Knoblauch can play Brown as much as he wants to while the games dont matter.
Can’t say Knoblauch didn’t give him a chance this pre-season.

If anything the more Brown played the more clear it became he’s not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad