Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I can't even watch anything game 7 related. I still have some days where I cannot believe we could have won the damn cup. Same as 2006. I have never ever watched any videos or highlites of that game 7 lol.

I turned the game off this year as soon as the horn went. Have not seen handshakes or cup celebration

I refuse to watch the handshakes or cup celebration personally. But this? Gave me chills.
Not sure if I'm ready to see the captain crying though.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
you're right, unless they, management, are too prideful and they choose to keep this guy on the roster, or even worse, play him.

if they cut him, and send him to the AHL, then, it really is of ZERO effect on this team, unless we get to the 50 contract maximum and are prevented from adding someone that we wanted to. This is unlikely, and also usually not, a major issue.

what we does worry me about the signing is that the people in charge of this team, chose to sign a guy to a 3 year deal, when every measurable stat and analytic pointed to this player not being an NHL hockey player. It definitely makes me question what they were thinking at the time, even if, the deal can be buried in the minors.

Hopefully it’s enlightening for JJ as he evaluates his pro scouts as to which one of them pushed for this player.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I can't even watch anything game 7 related. I still have some days where I cannot believe we could have won the damn cup. Same as 2006. I have never ever watched any videos or highlites of that game 7 lol.

I turned the game off this year as soon as the horn went. Have not seen handshakes or cup celebration

That's after game 2, McBoudreau mode activated.

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Who did we replace them with?
McLeod was replaced with Henrique.
I know Henrique was here last year as a rental but we committed to him with 3rd line Centre money that McLeod would have otherwise taken. This is a big upgrade. Henrique can do everything better than McLeod except skate fast. Henrique has proven he can contribute points without being on Draisaitl's wing - McLeod has not been able to do that.​
Foeggle was replaced with Arvidsson
Arvidsson was given the 2nd line winger money, a higher price than Foeggle. Foeggle is a great energy third liner, but a guy who couldn't think the game or pass the puck effectively to play with Draisaitl. Don't think Foeggle hits 20 goals again, but think Arvidsson should out produce him.​
Kane was replaced with Skinner.
Until Kane returns from Long Term injurry, Skinner gets to play top six and provide some goal scoring. Something he has proven he can do.​
Holloway was replaced by _____.
By committee really. It could be Perry, it could be Lavoie, it could just be Brown/Janmark paying more minutes and having better seasons. Holloway was going to play 3rd to 4th line minutes here. I will miss him and will be a challenge to replace his potential, but we can easily replace his 6 goals.​

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
So if there's someone we want to get off our books can we just feed them a bunch of donuts and have them fail their physical? 🤔

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Hopefully it’s enlightening for JJ as he evaluates his pro scouts as to which one of them pushed for this player.
I hope so too. If this happens, great. Something that doesn't really hurt them all that much, can teach them a lesson, to hopefully help in the future.

North

Jun 25, 2009
McLeod was replaced with Henrique.
I know Henrique was here last year as a rental but we committed to him with 3rd line Centre money that McLeod would have otherwise taken. This is a big upgrade. Henrique can do everything better than McLeod except skate fast. Henrique has proven he can contribute points without being on Draisaitl's wing - McLeod has not been able to do that.​
Foeggle was replaced with Arvidsson
Arvidsson was given the 2nd line winger money, a higher price than Foeggle. Foeggle is a great energy third liner, but a guy who couldn't think the game or pass the puck effectively to play with Draisaitl. Don't think Foeggle hits 20 goals again, but think Arvidsson should out produce him.​
Kane was replaced with Skinner.
Until Kane returns from Long Term injurry, Skinner gets to play top six and provide some goal scoring. Something he has proven he can do.​
Holloway was replaced by _____.
By committee really. It could be Perry, it could be Lavoie, it could just be Brown/Janmark paying more minutes and having better seasons. Holloway was going to play 3rd to 4th line minutes here. I will miss him and will be a challenge to replace his potential, but we can easily replace his 6 goals.​
Don’t forget Podkolzin. He has scored 14 goals in a season, granted he hasn’t hit that for the last couple of seasons.

Hopefully he can get his confidence back.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Holy shit, Connor!

Connor wants it so bad.

f*** this series is gonna be heart wrenching.

Shocked that the league helps out their precious golden bitches again.
Maybe MTL should try doing the same thing with Carey Price.

GY-QmpgawAAcmkn
Such f***in bullshit man. I hate this f***in league.

Oilers out here losing 2 first round blue chip prospects due to cap reasons, but the Knjghts just cheat their way through e same cap issues.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Connor wants it so bad.

f*** this series is gonna be heart wrenching.

Such f***in bullshit man. I hate this f***in league.

Oilers out here losing 2 first round blue chip prospects due to cap reasons, but the Knjghts just cheat their way through e same cap issues.
Watch Mark Stone get on LTIR so they can exploit and grab 2-3 more players.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Gary already lost one of his beloved desert franchises, will move mountains to make sure that never happens again.
Gary has been coddling the Vegas franchise ever since the purchase went through. I am quite convinced that the Vegas franchise was purchased with the understanding that Gary would do everything in his power to ensure success for Vegas as quickly as possible.

It started with the new rules for the expansion draft. The NHL created a scenario whereby Vegas could skip the steps previous expansion teams had to go through to build a potential winning team (steps that took years building through the draft) and just start in the League from day 1 with a playoff competitive team.
Vegas has been given preferential treatement ever since.
The Golden Knights are the NHL's golden child. Thats never going to change.

I cant stand that franchise for that reason,

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't know man.

Holloway's 9 points in 38 regular season games and 7 points in 25 playoff games is going to be really, really, really tough to live up to.
The only concern was his sudden increase in physicality. If that carried over to next season and he managed to turn into a Foegele clone in terms of productivity, that's a tough player to replace.

But odds are that Holloway's injury history makes it likely that he'll miss time in the future. So maybe Podkolzin may be able to fill in the gap left by Holloway over the next two seasons.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The only concern was his sudden increase in physicality. If that carried over to next season and he managed to turn into a Foegele clone in terms of productivity, that's a tough player to replace.

But odds are that Holloway's injury history makes it likely that he'll miss time in the future. So maybe Podkolzin may be able to fill in the gap left by Holloway over the next two seasons.
Podkolzin has some underrated physicality to his game.

Ultimately, Holloway is a bottom six player who should be easy to replace.

His speed was nice but 2.3 mill for that speed is an easy pass.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Watch Mark Stone get on LTIR so they can exploit and grab 2-3 more players.

Feb 15th announcement: "Mark Stone is suffering from a broken heart after watching The Titanic for the first time. We take the mental health of our players very seriously and will be playing Stone on LTIR for at least 2 months to give him time to recover"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad