Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Shocked that the league helps out their precious golden bitches again.
Maybe MTL should try doing the same thing with Carey Price.

GY-QmpgawAAcmkn

This shit is just so exhausting. “Rules for thee and not for me”. Why bother having a CBA?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Well since we aren't making the decisions we just get to sit and watch. regardless, I stand by my point that none of these guys are it for a top 4 role. If we could acquire a top 4RHD I would have Emberson paired with Kulak and then probably Dermott for the #7D.

Of course. I think that was always the plan. Emberson on Nurse's pair, plugged up the bottom pairing spot with the likes of Brown, Stecher, and Dermott. Then they trade and acquire that top four d man before or right on trade deadline. It is what it is.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
its true, the only difference is there is at least 2.5x more leaf fans so their message get amplified
So many doomers on this board constantly. My favourite is people acting like Foegele, McLeod, Holloway, Broberg and Ceci were somehow key pieces to this team's regular season success last year. More like the key whipping boys (most of which was deserved btw).

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Well I really hope the Oilers keep Kane out until game 1 of the playoffs and go way over the cap after yet another league handout to Vegas.
It's simple. If they don't they don't have a chance at winning. And I'll repeat it one more time. The idea of accruing cap for a deadline acquisition is fools gold.

I'm all for showing time preference but betting on the Oilers staying afloat... staying healthy isn't likely.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
So many doomers on this board constantly. My favourite is people acting like Foegele, McLeod, Holloway, Broberg and Ceci were somehow key pieces to this team's regular season success last year. More like the key whipping boys (most of which was deserved btw).

Conversely, those exact same folks would probably be saying the following had we kept all of them:

Foegele - $3.5M for a 3rd liner!? He's streaky and never scored until this year, and has no hands.

Ceci - "GET THIS BUM OFF THE TEAM!"

McLeod - lazy, sucked in the playoffs, soft, etc

Holloway - overpaid! Why isn't he making $1M like I wanted him to!

Broberg - overpaid! Why isn't he making $1M like I wanted him to!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
doesnt make any difference, this is his team now and its culled of all relevant youth and not good enough for game 7, or game 82 or game 1 imo.

The future is now and its not enough. Somethings gotta change and the RD market is eerily reminiscent of that time we traded league MVP for a shutdown RD. Im not confident that Bowman will have anything better up his sleeve.
It’s not bowman’s fault for there being no “youth”. But go on, keep yelling at those clouds.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Conversely, those exact same folks would probably be saying the following had we kept all of them:

Foegele - $3.5M for a 3rd liner!? He's streaky and never scored until this year, and has no hands.

1719d227-f254-42b6-9ee2-296555cd443a_text.gif

Me at the bolded

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Who did we replace them with?

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
The whole Josh Brown thing makes no sense, and it never made any sense. Three years was a weird term for a guy that you can't count on to make your team in year one, let alone year three. And it certainly seems like he's going to be on the opening day roster, regardless of how poorly he played during camp.

I haven't been following camp closely, but it certainly seems like Stetcher could be getting the short end of the stick here.
I haven't been able to figure out for the life of me how Brown secured a 3 year deal... seriously.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Pretty accurate. The first 3 players are all flawed players who have some good attributes and many that make them easily replaceable. McLeod and Foegele's production if you take out Draisaitl time is very mediocre to underwhelming for 3rd line players. One of my favourite arguments is their contribution to the Oilers PK which was middle of the pack in the regular season.

Holloway and Broberg did very little to contribute to this team making playoffs last year. One scored at a 4th line rate despite getting a decent amount of middle 6 minutes, and the other barely even played.

Reactions: K1984 and TB12

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He can be waived and cost 0 against the cap.

Who cares
I think people are more worried about him getting a roster spot and throwing away games from his awful play. I'm not on that level. I'll wait to see what they decide for opening night roster, but as of now there's no way their opening D pairs should be anything other than:

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Emberson
Kulak-Stetcher/Dermott

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
He can be waived and cost 0 against the cap.

Who cares
you're right, unless they, management, are too prideful and they choose to keep this guy on the roster, or even worse, play him.

if they cut him, and send him to the AHL, then, it really is of ZERO effect on this team, unless we get to the 50 contract maximum and are prevented from adding someone that we wanted to. This is unlikely, and also usually not, a major issue.

what we does worry me about the signing is that the people in charge of this team, chose to sign a guy to a 3 year deal, when every measurable stat and analytic pointed to this player not being an NHL hockey player. It definitely makes me question what they were thinking at the time, even if, the deal can be buried in the minors.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Of course. I think that was always the plan. Emberson on Nurse's pair, plugged up the bottom pairing spot with the likes of Brown, Stecher, and Dermott. Then they trade and acquire that top four d man before or right on trade deadline. It is what it is.
I don't understand why you or anyone thinks any of this will work out. Because someone in the sports media said so?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad