Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Some don't understand the complexity of the surgery and they don't understand the obstacles presented while rehabbing both sides of the body simultaneously back to full strength.

Recovery could be fast. Recovery could be slow. But going from 99% recovered to 100% recovered should take him to the end of the regular season.

Kane can focus on getting to the highest levels of strength and agility possible for his NHL comeback. How long does that take?
That's the key. That 1% between 99 and 100 gives a ton of wiggle room

I'm a bit skeptical that our organization has it in it to play the rules the way Tampa and Vegas do. They didn't have this conversation with Kane last year when he could have played the system like this. But we will see this time. Will Kane play ball?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So Kane is gone for the season

Regular season sure.

To be honest too, they could do something where if he's ready to play by early April, just put someone else on LTIR for a couple of weeks and let Kane get a few games in, let someone else rest. Seasons are long someone else will probably be OK with sitting out a few weeks to let something heal.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilers88

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Regular season sure.

To be honest too, they could do something where if he's ready to play by early April, just put someone else on LTIR for a couple of weeks and let Kane get a few games in, let someone else rest. Seasons are long someone else will probably be OK with sitting out a few weeks to let something heal.
His salary cap ia already covered

Do we look to the waiver wire if the dept D don't look so hot or might we still see Schultz signed?
If I was Schultz I would hate the fans here

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
His salary cap ia already covered

We're obviously going to use his LTIR space to load up at the trade deadline.

So to reinsert him into the roster pre-playoffs assuming he is even ready, which I don't think is even a given, you'd have to have a player or two come out probably for a week or two. But that can probably be managed too.

If teams in our own division like Vegas want to do stuff like this, then we have no choice but to respond in kind.

Reactions: Duke74

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
We're obviously going to use his LTIR space to load up at the trade deadline.

So to reinsert him into the roster pre-playoffs assuming he is even ready, which I don't think is even a given, you'd have to have a player or two come out probably for a week or two. But that can probably be managed too.

If teams in our own division like Vegas want to do stuff like this, then we have no choice but to respond in kind.
You don't acquire deadline cap if a player is on LTIR

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You don't acquire deadline cap if a player is on LTIR

I'm talking the period after the deadline but while the regular season is going.

6 months from takes us until mid-late March 2025 as is, there's only one month left in the regular season at that point.

Now assuming lets say another 2 weeks of skating, if he maybe wanted to play in the one of the last 4-5 games of the season, maybe you can accomodate that then by placing someone else on the LTIR, giving them a break to refresh, and insert Kane in to find his legs.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think there's s real strong possibility that Kane will be out for the season. I mean, double hernia surgery with double hip surgery on top of having abdominal tears is a hell of a recovery nevermind rehab.
He'll want to come back, because that's the kind of guy that he his, but yeah the Oilers should let him be very thorough in his recovery.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
I think there's s real strong possibility that Kane will be out for the season. I mean, double hernia surgery with double hip surgery on top of having abdominal tears is a hell of a recovery nevermind rehab.

Watch it, that kind of talk is what will cause us to have to give up a 1st to Vegas as punishment for cap circumvention.

Reactions: nafrelio

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
So he comes back for the playoffs. How much do you wanne bet if the Oilers out him on LTIR and replace him..we WILL see a change in the LTIR rule

For a team that had to do stuff like unfairly forfeit a pick for the Lucic/Neal trade or not gain total cap relief from Keith retiring, you can bet your ass the league would punish the Oilers for attempting to mess around with LTIR, lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad