Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think it has to be "RD or bust!", I'd be OK with moving Kulak to the RD and bringing in another LD like Provorov or someone like that.

Reactions: belair

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Talk about a list of PTO's from Tampa, lol.

Jujhar Khaira
Kale Kessy
Gabriel Dumont
Joël Teasdale
Tristan Allard
Kyle Chyzowski
Jace Weir
Scott Walford
Ryan Fanti
Brandon Halverson

Reactions: McDoused

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I don't think it has to be "RD or bust!", I'd be OK with moving Kulak to the RD and bringing in another LD like Provorov or someone like that.
Sort of have my heart set on moving Kulak in the package for a 2nd pairing RD. Then giving the 3rd pairing reigns over to a younger player like Ty Emberson. Hard to persuade me otherwise at this juncture. RD Emberson and LD internal player or trade option... maybe even a waiver wire option or a team looking to move a player down to the farm team and looking for a trade because they're convinced that player will get claimed.

Time for great management and outstanding pro-scouting.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Talk about a list of PTO's from Tampa, lol.

Jujhar Khaira
Kale Kessy
Gabriel Dumont
Joël Teasdale
Tristan Allard
Kyle Chyzowski
Jace Weir
Scott Walford
Ryan Fanti
Brandon Halverson
I don't why but for no reason I recalled that Rieder for Kessy trade of yesteryear and wondered where that guy ended up.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sort of have my heart set on moving Kulak in the package for a 2nd pairing RD. Then giving the 3rd pairing reigns over to a younger player like Ty Emberson. Hard to persuade me otherwise at this juncture. RD Emberson and LD internal player or trade option... maybe even a waiver wire option or a team looking to move a player down to the farm team and looking for a trade because they're convinced that player will get claimed.

Time for great management and outstanding pro-scouting.

I'm willing to give Emberson a chance.

He is a good age, has good size, and had good advanced metrics on a very bad San Jose team and he knows exactly what Knoblaugh expects.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Listening to a Craig Conroy interview. He's a dickhead who thinks he knows more than everyone just like a dickheaded Kevin Lowe. The Flames got their very own Mini-Lowe.

I hope it gets leaked exactly what the Oilers offered for Chris Tanev.
I'm willing to give Emberson a chance.

He is a good age, has good size, and had good advanced metrics on a very bad San Jose team and he knows exactly what Knoblaugh expects.
Nobody wants Ty Emberson to succeed as much as myself. We need to stay realistic. A lot is riding on his development. Don't treat the player like a veteran. That's a mistake.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Listening to a Craig Conroy interview. He's a dickhead who thinks he knows more than everyone just like a dickheaded Kevin Lowe. The Flames got their very own Mini-Lowe.

Nobody wants Ty Emberson to succeed as much as myself. We need to stay realistic. A lot is riding on his development. Don't treat the player like a veteran. That's a mistake.

I don't view it as big of a deal because it's not like the Oilers made a Cup Final because Cody Ceci is the 2nd coming.

They made it because of Knoblaugh/Coffey's system plain and simple. They've become a defensive systems team. They choked the life out of every offense they played against in the playoffs, even Florida could not average over 2 goals per game in the final 4 games of the Finals. That's an indication of a coaching staff that is going to town with adjustments and systems play.

And really if it's that big of a deal, it's not like one cannot reacquire Cody Ceci for peanuts if that's the only alternative.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ok, call me when that happens.

My point remains the same, stop treating what they think like it's "VERY" important. They just trade Chychrun (the biggest defenseman on the market for a time) for Nick Jensen.

You can treat the Sens with respect when they deserve it.
But again, you're ignoring the context, which is why you only emphasized the area of my comment that you quoted.

Whether the 'deserve respect' is irrelevant. Take note of the team and it's needs and you'll have a better idea of what they're realistically willing to do.

Even Chychrun moving wasn't much of a reach considering the depth they had at RD.

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
I’m glad that Draisaitl extended but it should have been closer to what Mackinnon signed for. You could make a case for the #2 spot in the world between Mackinnon and Draisaitl but I believe that McKinnon is the better overall player.
Im glad he signed too and I dont mind what he signed for. Its on the high end (total dollars) that he would have gotten on the open market in free agency. I was just making a comment on our local media with all the garbage that been handed out.
It just so happens that I also think Crosby could have gotten a million or two more per year easily from the pens

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022

Wrong. I want him to succeed more than Ty himself.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
But again, you're ignoring the context, which is why you only emphasized the area of my comment that you quoted.

Whether the 'deserve respect' is irrelevant. Take note of the team and it's needs and you'll have a better idea of what they're realistically willing to do.

Even Chychrun moving wasn't much of a reach considering the depth they had at RD.
Hanging on to Chychrun at the deadline to trade him for Nick Jensen in the offseason is really dumb.

Again, it's not context, it's that the Sens get more credit they deserve for what they don't achieve. Maybe they get there this year, but it's a long climb.

Zub won't come cheap, and I have never suggested he would, he just seems like the perfect fit and the Oilers should stay on Staios until he moves him.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hanging on to Chychrun at the deadline to trade him for Nick Jensen in the offseason is really dumb.

Again, it's not context, it's that the Sens get more credit they deserve for what they don't achieve. Maybe they get there this year, but it's a long climb.

Zub won't come cheap, and I have never suggested he would, he just seems like the perfect fit and the Oilers should stay on Staios until he moves him.
By no means did I suggest that they got great value for Chychrun. It was an unnecessary desperate move that magnified their focus on RD. How they perform this year doesn't impact how they've been focused on improving their right side dating back to the acquiring Hamonic. They were in on Tanev at the deadline. Zub being made available would go against logic taking that all into account.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I don't view it as big of a deal because it's not like the Oilers made a Cup Final because Cody Ceci is the 2nd coming.

They made it because of Knoblaugh/Coffey's system plain and simple. They've become a defensive systems team. They choked the life out of every offense they played against in the playoffs, even Florida could not average over 2 goals per game in the final 4 games of the Finals. That's an indication of a coaching staff that is going to town with adjustments and systems play.

And really if it's that big of a deal, it's not like one cannot reacquire Cody Ceci for peanuts if that's the only alternative.
The Oilers defense is in big trouble if it stands pat. No, we can't wait it out until the deadline. Absolutely not.

The online assholes, sponsored by online betting, talking stupid shit about waiting for the deadline to address the defense need their balls brutally attacked zealously for suggesting the Oilers can wait.

Very loyal dude, have to admire that. But he’s unfortunately on a team that doesn’t have a hope to be a contender in his remaining years.
That's incredible... I wonder if there was ever any under the table shenanigans with Crosby. It wouldn't shock me. I doubt there are a bunch of cookie crumbs leading to a hidden vault filled with gold doubloons. Likely handled by professionals.

Has more to do with superstition than anything , one of the most superstitious players ever
Yeah, superstitions, that's the ticket.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
One name that I haven't seen mentioned and definitely is available would be Jacob Trouba. Two years left at $8m and a 15 team NTC.

The Rangers would have to find at least one team to facilitate, but they're in a precarious cap situation next summer, so they may pay to get a team to take that whole contract on.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Oilers defense is in big trouble if it stands pat. No, we can't wait it out until the deadline. Absolutely not.

The online assholes, sponsored by online betting, talking stupid shit about waiting for the deadline to address the defense need their balls brutally attacked zealously for suggesting the Oilers can wait.

That's incredible... I wonder if there was ever any under the table shenanigans with Crosby. It wouldn't shock me. I doubt there are a bunch of cookie crumbs leading to a hidden vault filled with gold doubloons. Likely handled by professionals.

Yeah, superstition, that's the ticket.

I don't buy it just because of the playoffs last year. The D corps they had last playoffs shouldn't have been as successful as it was but it was.

Pittsburgh has also won multiple Cups with garbage bottom 3s, Florida's bottom 3 is trash, etc. etc.

In a cap world, your defensive system is like 70% coaching IMO. It's becoming more and more obvious, these teams with great D depth at D-Man 4/5/6 don't by and large exist.

The more simple truth is we may have simply hit the coaching jack pot with Knoblaugh/Coffey. But so what, Calgary (one year with Sutter before his personality pissed everyone off) and Vancouver have gotten similar coaching boosts lately defensively, why not us.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I never said he was worth 12 million
I said I didnt think it would be crazy if he got an AAV of 10 to 10.5 for 2 years from the Penguins
You may want to edit your post then. $8.75M +$3M=$11.75M, $8.75M+$4M=12.75M.

Crosby as a UFA could have gotten $12M I believe if he was simply looking for money . In part because of his marketability which is still very high. But it is impossible the compare a 2 year deal for a 38 year old and an 8 year deal for someone Leon's age at a time when the cap may well be poised to rise very fast.

In the end I don't think Draisaitl took much of a discount if your focus is the this year and next two years. But it is not unlikely that by the end of year 3 of his deal it will be a discount.

Reactions: Duke74 and capazzo

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I don't buy it just because of the playoffs last year. The D corps they had last playoffs shouldn't have been as successful as it was but it was.

Pittsburgh has also won multiple Cups with garbage bottom 3s, Florida's bottom 3 is trash, etc. etc.

In a cap world, your defensive system is like 70% coaching IMO. It's becoming more and more obvious, these teams with great D depth at D-Man 4/5/6 don't by and large exist.

The more simple truth is we may have simply hit the coaching jack pot with Knoblaugh/Coffey. But so what, Calgary (one year with Sutter before his personality pissed everyone off) and Vancouver have gotten similar coaching boosts lately defensively, why not us.
In a capped world no team is without holes. Right now the Oilers holes are in their second and third pair RHD and it is possible that one at least the third pair RHD may be filled internally.

They don't have elite goaltending but if their goalies match last year they are competitive.

Their forwards are head and shoulders the best in the league if they stay healthy.

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
You may want to edit your post then. $8.75M +$3M=$11.75M, $8.75M+$4M=12.75M.

Crosby as a UFA could have gotten $12M I believe if he was simply looking for money . In part because of his marketability which is still very high. But it is impossible the compare a 2 year deal for a 38 year old and an 8 year deal for someone Leon's age at a time when the cap may well be poised to rise very fast.

In the end I don't think Draisaitl took much of a discount if your focus is the this year and next two years. But it is not unlikely that by the end of year 3 of his deal it will be a discount.
I didnt write that though
"Crosby could have gotten another 3 or 4 million out of the Penguins over 2 years too."
Meaning, over the two years he ends up with 3 or 4 million more, a million and a half to 2 million per year.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

We will have to wait and see. If the appropriate changes were made during last offseason the Oilers would be the reigning Stanley Cup champions wiping out the 30 year Canadian drought.

I'm hearing the same old same old. I've heard the bullshit again and again over and over. It's disheartening to say the least.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yeah, superstitions, that's the ticket.
sure is

Showing results for sidney crosby contracts
Search instead for sydney crosby contracts

Sidney Crosby Contract​

Based on the provided information, here is a summary of Sidney Crosby’s contracts:
  1. 2005-2007 Entry Level Contract: A 3-year deal worth $11,100,000.
  2. 2008-2012 Contract: A 5-year deal worth $43,500,000.
  3. 2012-2025 Contract: A 12-year deal worth $104,400,000, with an average annual value (AAV) of $8,700,000. This contract has been extended multiple times, with the latest extension being a 2-year deal worth $17,400,000 (AAV $8,700,000) announced on September 16, 2024. The contract runs through the 2026-27 season.
Notable aspects of Crosby’s contracts:
  • He has consistently maintained a salary cap hit and annual average salary of $8,700,000 since the 2008-09 season.
  • He has signed contract extensions at a lower AAV than his market value, reportedly leaving around $43 million on the table since 2008-09.
  • His latest contract extension, announced on September 16, 2024, will keep him with the Pittsburgh Penguins through the 2026-27 season.
Sources:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
One name that I haven't seen mentioned and definitely is available would be Jacob Trouba. Two years left at $8m and a 15 team NTC.

The Rangers would have to find at least one team to facilitate, but they're in a precarious cap situation next summer, so they may pay to get a team to take that whole contract on.

He’s a guy I brought up earlier this summer. If you could pay a team like Anaheim to eat half his contract, he makes a lot of sense. If you pick him up at the deadline, you can make his cap work without having to deal anyone out, and it’s closer to when his wife is done her residency (why he reportedly didn’t want to waive this summer), so he might consider it. Then in the summer you just have to move out Kulak, and even if you gave Bouch 9 per, you could make a lineup work for the following year of something like

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Savoie - Draisaitl - Arbidsson
Janmark - Henrique - Kane
Podzolzin - Jarventie - Lavoie (or other depth pieces)

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Trouba
Wanner - Stecher
Brown

Skinner
Pickard

Reactions: belair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad