Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Deadline Edition 3.0, Down The Toilet The Dreams Go! Hall to Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
If Holland does nothing on the trade front today then they should at least call up the Bakersfield three and play Bouchard.

Reactions: Sanchez

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If the Oilers don't go all in now, failure.
If the Oilers have capspace to spend, failure.
If the Oilers trade at the draft, failure.
If the Oilers don't trade for these specific players right now we will never win anything ever!, Failure.

My god.

North

Jun 25, 2009

punch in the gut for Hall fans

If he wants to be a Bruin then hopefully he plays well enough that they are willing to spend some cap on him.

From what I recall both goalies are UFAs along with Krejci and Carlo is an RFA.

They might not have the cap for Hall.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Okay, but if Vegas is the best team ever like you think, they would put our cup aspirations to an end this year anyways?
Not before the CF, obviously.

I don't believe the Oilers can win a Cup this year, but I do think this is their best chance to go on a deep run. Toronto isn't unbeatable, and I wouldn't be shocked if Montreal upset them.

This isn't some kind of either/or situation. I'm not saying throw everything at the wall for any given player, but I do think they should add.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Okay Broberg for Hoffman, 1st for Janmark, Holloway for Oleksiak. Let's go. Can't waste time.

Show me a single time in history a playoff team sold off half its top 4 defense? Give me a break lol
again, no where did I say trade away Broberg/Holloway but given the asset in return the first should be on the table.

You weren't happy with our performance last year vs Hawks. So this year we make playoffs and lets say get beaten in 6games vs Jets/Leafs/Canadiens whoever it may be. Are you happy with that "experience" our young core gets?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not before the CF, obviously.

I don't believe the Oilers can win a Cup this year, but I do think this is their best chance to go on a deep run. Toronto isn't unbeatable, and I wouldn't be shocked if Montreal upset them.

This isn't some kind of either/or situation. I'm not saying throw everything at the wall for any given player, but I do think they should add.
But our GM's only make bad trades, so why want a trade /s

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Because spending a 1st+ to give us maybe another win isn't worth it. We are good enough to get past Winnjleg but not Toronto or Montreal and a single.impact player isn't changing that this year.
Why do people think Montreal is some beast of a team? They are worse than the Jets, and we've brought nothing but garbage efforts to the table against them this year

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Do people really think we are a single top 6 winger away from the cup? Man people are out to lunch lol.

It is one of the biggest pieces that we are missing. If we can acquire someone who is here beyond this season, why not? Worst case is it gives us a better chance at winning a round or 2, while making us more appealing to one year contracts wanting to win, and we go into the off-season with one less major hole to fill.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Okay I'm saying we will finally have capspace and you go "hurr durr we will just waste it". Like Jesus dude.
I mean, we have a bunch of essentially dead weight taking up cap space this year (Kassian, Neal, Chiasson, Turris) for starters. And the GM signed three of those contracts. This is why I'm not exactly confident he'll put that space to good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad