Rumor Mill

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Ehlers and Murphy have 10 team no trade. I would guess Winnipeg is on Murphy's and Chicago probably is not on Ehlers lists. If Ehlers comes with a rational framework of an extension in place, I could live with this, but I view Murphy as a negative asset, like Ehlers, love McGroarty's fit/style of play and was really disappointed in what Reichel looked like last season

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Ducks GM Pat Verbeek has set a very high price for Zegras, and several teams have continued to communicate their interest in the 23-year-old.

At least eight teams have expressed serious interest in Zegras, including the Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago is another team I’m keeping my eye on this week. The Blackhawks are looking to add a top-line winger and have a few irons in the fire, beyond interest in Zegras.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
Reactions: x Tame Impala

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Would be fine with Zegras. I think once he gets around a guy like Bedard he would get his head on straight. Those two together on a line would be magic. Zegras can dish it as well as anyone in the league and with Connor's shot... Those two could easily be over a PPG.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Zegras is way underrated at this moment in time so as an asset he’s a good buy. But I have no interest in him because I don’t think you win with players like him. He’s like a rich man’s Sonny Milano.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Would be fine with Zegras. I think once he gets around a guy like Bedard he would get his head on straight. Those two together on a line would be magic. Zegras can dish it as well as anyone in the league and with Connor's shot... Those two could easily be over a PPG.
You cant play them on the same line, or it would be a disaster in their own zone.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Im good with Zegas at the right cost because hes just that talented. Im not sure on the fit with the rest of the roster.

Ehlers age doesnt seem like a fit with only a year left. I dont know why we would outbid some of these win now teams.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They would play very pretty hockey together I just don't think they would play winning hockey together.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wouldn't say that

Zegras is better skater and has better skillset

He has already had 61 and 65 pt seasons at age 20 and 21

If anything, I think Matthew Barzal is better comp though Barzal is better skater

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Theres not a chance in hell Murphy is going to waive to go play in Winnipeg. Would love to be wrong.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Theres not a chance in hell Murphy is going to waive to go play in Winnipeg. Would love to be wrong.
The site that posted that isn’t legit so it’s not something to worry too much about.

That being said I think there would be a chance of Murphy waiving if a Mcgroarty deal presented itself and he was apart of it. He’s made the playoffs once in his career (and that was in the bubble). He probably wants to start playing for something at some point

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

He is 31 yrs old and never played for a playoff team outside of COVID bubble

If he has any desire to play for cup then that may be his best and last chance

Jets were 2nd best team in West this past year and are primed to compete for next 2 seasons. Hawks are in full rebuild

If he doesn't desire to leave that is his right but then I dont want to hear him utter a single word or how "Frustrating" it is to play on team in rebuild

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
He is 31 yrs old and never played for a playoff team outside of COVID bubble

If he has any desire to play for cup then that may be his best and last chance

Jets were 2nd best team in West this past year and are primed to compete for next 2 seasons. Hawks are in full rebuild

If he doesn't desire to leave that is his right but then I dont want to hear him utter a single word or how "Frustrating" it is to play on team in rebuild
Sure agree with it all but its Winnipeg.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad