Rumor: Ilya Bryzgalov close to signing with ECHL Las Vegas UPD: PTO signed

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Well that will be good for both him and the Wranglers, good marketing for them. Gives him some playing time while he waits for an NHL offer.

lvwranglersfan

Jun 8, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
And here he is at camp this morning for the Wranglers.

Bryz.jpg

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Best of luck to him, though I do have to admit that I'm surprised he chose to go to the ECHL over a higher European league, be that the KHL or the SHL or the Swiss league or something else.

lvwranglersfan

Jun 8, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
The ECHL has some very real advantages for him. He is free to leave tomorrow if he wants without clearing waivers. If he went anywhere in Europe, he would have had to clear waivers coming back. He's probably not going to see any game action anyway.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Glad he is in LV and NOT Bako. After reaidng the various press releases/articles he makes it VERY clear that he missed the NHL camp and he is here for a VERY short time. Thsi is a great publicity thing for the team, but the concept of having someone on the ice who has no intention of wanting to be there is not someone I would want to have on the ice with a brand new coach. I hope he does play when we pay you in a few weeks. Maybe it would give him some appreciation for this league. Hopefully he does not take up a roster spot from someone who wants to be there.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Glad he is in LV and NOT Bako. After reaidng the various press releases/articles he makes it VERY clear that he missed the NHL camp and he is here for a VERY short time. Thsi is a great publicity thing for the team, but the concept of having someone on the ice who has no intention of wanting to be there is not someone I would want to have on the ice with a brand new coach. I hope he does play when we pay you in a few weeks. Maybe it would give him some appreciation for this league. Hopefully he does not take up a roster spot from someone who wants to be there.

Since he clearly doesn't have to worry about money, maybe he just wants to play somewhere and have a good time. Did you think about that part? What evidence do you have that he doesn't want to be there? Where did you read these press releases and articles upon which you base your assertions? Please provide us with links.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006

Not many vets in the ECHL want to be in the ECHL.

And for the ECHL coaches, until the AHL cuts come down they have no clue who's going to be available and who isn't.. who they can recruit and who they can't get.. things change quickly at this time of year..

Having an NHL player who's waiting on a contract of his own in your camp isn't really going to derail your season..

Might as well grab the free publicity and run with it..

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Since he clearly doesn't have to worry about money, maybe he just wants to play somewhere and have a good time. Did you think about that part? What evidence do you have that he doesn't want to be there? Where did you read these press releases and articles upon which you base your assertions? Please provide us with links.

"To be clear, I intend to return to the NHL, and to be ready for game action when an NHL opportunity opens up. I intend to work hard while I am here in Las Vegas,"

The press release goes on to say that the goal tender will make up his mind on what he is going to do once training camp ends. He will not commit to anything more than just training camp to get in shape for the NHL. LV has two goal tenders in camp that they have signed on for the season already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad