Proposal: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Mod warning 793

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
They get a severe hometown discount or they extremely struggle with team depth for the immediate future. If this is the 7M+ deal he should be getting, 34M goes to 4 players in 16-17.

Legitimately surprised this extension seems to be happening.

Assuming it's in the Gio range (6.75M/yr), they'll have 65.7M committed to 16 players.

The rest are going to be filled via the Kyle Cumiskey's, ELCs and Scott Darling's of the world. Which they've done for years.

Hopefully a plan we will have to follow in years to come.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Assuming it's in the Gio range (6.75M/yr), they'll have 65.7M committed to 16 players.

The rest are going to be filled via the Kyle Cumiskey's, ELCs and Scott Darling's of the world. Which they've done for years.

Hopefully a plan we will have to follow in years to come.

Part of me wonders if they are going to look to "move" Kane in the future to allow space.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Part of me wonders if they are going to look to "move" Kane in the future to allow space.

The issue with that is Kane has a full no move clause I believe. I find it hard to believe he would waive that now. Who knows down the line, but at the moment I can't see it.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
The issue with that is Kane has a full no move clause I believe. I find it hard to believe he would waive that now. Who knows down the line, but at the moment I can't see it.

Buffalo and Chicago should do an easy deal.

P. Kane for E. Kane and Ennis.

Dollars match up in that deal.

Easy to swap jerseys, just have to change a number. haha

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 2h2 hours ago

Source: #Blackhawks closing in on a long-term contract extension with defenseman Brent Seabrook.

Can we finally put this absurd pipedream to bed?

Will be interesting to see his cap-hit, I didn't think Chicago would be able to fit him in with their cap situation.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Yeah the NMC makes things interesting, I just see the Hawks Pulling "a fast one" on the Leafs or something, moving them Kane and Kane falling off because of off-ice stuff.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If you're watching Seabrook carefully, he hits, he skates well, he scores, he breaks out well and he eats a ton of minutes. And he doesn't need Keith to help him do that. He's good, but you're right. His age and the wear and tear is worrisome for the team that's giving him 7 or 8 million long-term.

Personally, I wouldn't give up Yakupov for him unless you're certain he's signing long-term and he's healthy. Even then, that's a hefty price to pay IMO.

There's already some CHI fans who are saying that they already notice him slowing down, and that he wouldn't be worth the contract that CHI likely will be signing him to.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
There's already some CHI fans who are saying that they already notice him slowing down, and that he wouldn't be worth the contract that CHI likely will be signing him to.

I think of two scenarios;

1) seabrook is still too valuable to the Hawks and yakupov is probably not enough.

2) they no longer value seabrook as much and yakupov is an overpayment.

Imo you should be able to get a signed seabrook for a first and a couple mid prospects.

You'd get outbid maybe. Maybe definitely. Maybe you would definitely get outbid.

1st, lagesson, platzer

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I still think you would be absolutely insane to trade Yakupov until he has at least 40 games under a competent coach. From all reports, it sounds like he is loving Todd

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I still think you would be absolutely insane to trade Yakupov until he has at least 40 games under a competent coach. From all reports, it sounds like he is loving Todd

There's probably around 40 games to see where Chicago is at as well. Maybe Kane is gone for nothing and they're low on scoring.

We're not contending this year anyway we should deal from a position of strength (surplus of scoring) to whichever team is hurting and desperate to make the playoffs

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Our player values as a whole are low, let a good coach boost them up before making any significant deals IMO.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If the Panthers are out of the playoff race, and the Oilers are fighting for a spot, would laugh if we traded a pick + Purcell for Jagr.

Hall-McDavid-Jagr

OR

Hall-McDavid-Yak
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Lander-Draisaitl-Jagr

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
They get a severe hometown discount or they extremely struggle with team depth for the immediate future. If this is the 7M+ deal he should be getting, 34M goes to 4 players in 16-17.

Legitimately surprised this extension seems to be happening.

Except that 7m is all of 1.2m more then he makes today (cap wise). It also secures him as an asset. If they can't make the cap work, then trading him with a contract in place is worth more to them then trading him mid season and trying to sort things out on the fly.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Todd probably explained to him that being on the third line wasn't because he wasn't good enough, but becausd he wants him to excel and he believes that the best place for him to succeed.

Wording can make the world of difference.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Todd probably explained to him that being on the third line wasn't because he wasn't good enough, but becausd he wants him to excel and he believes that the best place for him to succeed.

And he probably also told him if he makes up for his mistakes by doubling his effort, he'll be just fine.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

At the end of the day, I don't think players care what "line" they are on, but rather how much ice time they get.

If Yakupov is given 10 minutes a night, he's probably not going to be thrilled.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
At the end of the day, I don't think players care what "line" they are on, but rather how much ice time they get.

If Yakupov is given 10 minutes a night, he's probably not going to be thrilled.

He should get more than 10 min of ice time per game with PP time. If Yak tears it up, McLellan will have no choice, but to increase his ice time.

Ikinzom is no longer here. They have an experienced, rational coach.

Also, winning can make any player thrilled, especially this group.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
He should get more than 10 min of ice time per game with PP time. If Yak tears it up, McLellan will have no choice, but to increase his ice time.

Ikinzom is no longer here. They have an experienced, rational coach.

Also, winning can make any player thrilled, especially this group.

I hope Yak gets more than 10 minutes a night, but if his defensive game doesn't improve then I don't think McLellan will hesitate to bench him.

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
Our player values as a whole are low, let a good coach boost them up before making any significant deals IMO.

I agree. Barring something crazy like getting Al Montoya for Yakupov, no deal. But there's no way NYR would go for that. We need to let our players become big parts of a winning team before we can get value like that.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I agree. Barring something crazy like getting Al Montoya for Yakupov, no deal. But there's no way NYR would go for that. We need to let our players become big parts of a winning team before we can get value like that.

Did you...

Did you maybe mean someone that's not Al Montoya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad