Euro: Round of 16 - Portugal v. Slovenia - Jul. 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
This has been said many times before, but isn't there really anybody amongst the Portugal squad or staff who can stop Ronaldo from taking free kicks. They are always just wasted.
1 goal in 57free kicks at finals. I'm sure I could have done better.

Slovenia should take Sporar out as he's been embarrassing and put old man Ilicic in so they have someone to spray good passes to Sesko in deep.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ronaldo has yet another record.
First player to shoot 15 times without scoring a goal in this tournament.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This has been said many times before, but isn't there really anybody amongst the Portugal squad or staff who can stop Ronaldo from taking free kicks. They are always just wasted.
There really isn't, at least not as long as the manager isn't going to put Ronaldo's ego to the side. If Bruno or Silva or anyone else told Ronaldo to pound sand and they're gonna take it he'd inevitably throw a massive fit and we all know the manager would side with him.

Reactions: Blender

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
In fairness to Ronaldo the Slovenian CBs are beasts and anyone would have a tough time as a lone CF against them.

All the more reason to have Jota on and have someone who's gonna do more outside the box and make good runs plus can switch up with Leao.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Mendes with an unreal pass a little while ago. Wow.

You can't take the ball from Vitinha.

Indeed Vitinha has been great, probably Portugal's best player. Nuno Mendes showed incredible recovery speed to prevent good scoring chance, and really influencing the proceedings everywhere on his flank.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Look. I am sick and tired of the Kings number one center being Kopitar for the last thousand years. I want Slovenia eliminated because I am tired of Kopitar. It might be petty but its the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: Juve

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Chelsea should stop wasting their time going for David, Sesko would be a proper Premier League level striker even if he costs a bit more.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad