Euro: Round of 16 - Portugal v. Slovenia - Jul. 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Latest possible MotM performance by Diogo Costa saves Portugal players asses., especially Pepe's. At least France now know they can't let their match go into penalties.

Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Impressed Ronaldo played the full time. I guess that's a testament to his physical fitness training? :dunno:

Considering the depth Portugal has, I wouldn't be surprised if they start with a different team than this game, to rest players.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Lost in all the drama and Portugal's bad play I think was Palhinha's game, he was their only steadying presence in midfield, especially after Vitinha was subbed off, and he had two great chances going forward, hitting the post once and forcing Oblak to make a save on a great header. He also played at center back a bit for the last minutes and kept his intensity up all game.

1986 European Cup (the predecessor of Champions League) final between Steaua Bucharest and Barcelona. The Spanish keeper saved the first two penalties. The Romanian one saved the first four.

Aparaaaa Duckadaaaaam

• Love
Reactions: The Moose

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
1986 European Cup (the predecessor of Champions League) final between Steaua Bucharest and Barcelona. The Spanish keeper saved the first two penalties. The Romanian one saved the first four.

One of my biggest disappointments, Barcelona should have won their first European/CL title then. I disliked Helmut Ducadam for rest of his career.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ridiculous to save that many.

At the WC 1990 Sergey Goygoechea saved 3 for Argentina in the QF's (not consecutive though) and again 2 in the SFs.

And to think he wasn't even first choice going into tournament, only got to play when Nery Pumpido couldn't play any longer after first match where his finger got caught into net.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad