Euro: Round of 16 - France v. Belgium - Jul. 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nothing ironic about my post. Pep doesn’t play boring football let alone the most boring football in history. Gross hyperbole. Unlike DD, pep actually wins.

You are still wrong. Losing to a shit Portugal team in 2016 isn’t a success and losing to a bad Argentina with one WC player is also not a success.
Man you're collecting terrible takes.
Guardiola never won as much as DD either as a player and captain or NT coach. So yeah DD actually wins.

As for the 16 Euro and 22 WC, you conviniently forgot that France beat the world champs in the semis and reached back to back finals. They didn't actually lose to Argentina. It's registered as a tie. And that Argentina who played with 12 men thought the tournament.

I also never said the most boring coach in history. I said possibly the best in history. Gross hyperbole lol. More like gross invention.

Everyone here has told you how unbelievably hard to reach 3 finals in 4 tournaments. Margins are extremely thin. As you can see by the Kolo shot at the last second. Or Gignac's post against Portugal.

And finally France lead this tournament in xG after the group stage. So let's not pretend France couldn't muster a shot.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I think it's really funny that guys like Alvarez, Romero, Lisandro Martinez, Enzo, AdM are all unambiguously world class when it's convenient for an argument, but the 2022 WC-winning side was a "bad Argentina" when it's convenient in the other direction

• Haha
Reactions: Evilo and KJS14

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Man you're collecting terrible takes.
Guardiola never won as much as DD either as a player and captain or NT coach. So yeah DD actually wins.

As for the 16 Euro and 22 WC, you conviniently forgot that France beat the world champs in the semis and reached back to back finals. They didn't actually lose to Argentina. It's registered as a tie. And that Argentina who played with 12 men thought the tournament.

I also never said the most boring coach in history. I said possibly the best in history. Gross hyperbole lol. More like gross invention.

Everyone here has told you how unbelievably hard to reach 3 finals in 4 tournaments. Margins are extremely thin. As you can see by the Kolo shot at the last second. Or Gignac's post against Portugal.

And finally France lead this tournament in xG after the group stage. So let's not pretend France couldn't muster a shot.
What does DD winning as a player have to do with him as a coach?

Lmfao 12 men yet you had more penalties in the final and a shootout loss is a loss. Like I said over and over again long may DD reign. I love it. XG champions.
I think it's really funny that guys like Alvarez, Romero, Lisandro Martinez, Enzo, AdM are all unambiguously world class when it's convenient for an argument, but the 2022 WC-winning side was a "bad Argentina" when it's convenient in the other direction
It’s called sarcasm genius. Most fight me tooth and nail on them… but this site is bipolar.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You literaly wrote "Pep actually wins".
There aren't many people in football that can claim to have won what DD has won. He is a born leader and has authority on everyone around him.
France has more penalties in the final? News to me. I think you misremember the awful Di Maria dive.
A shootout loss is actually a tie in football.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You literaly wrote "Pep actually wins".
There aren't many people in football that can claim to have won what DD has won. He is a born leader and has authority on everyone around him.
France has more penalties in the final? News to me. I think you misremember the awful Di Maria dive.
A shootout loss is actually a tie in football.
We are obviously talking about them as coaches.

You had 2 penalties in the final, your age is showing my friend. A tie and remind me who carried the cup?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's kinda cool how it took nagelsmann just 4 tournament games to get Argie & Frenchy fans losing their collective minds about who better took advantage of our (now over) down period :sarcasm:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's kinda cool how it took nagelsmann just 4 tournament games to get Argie & Frenchy fans losing their collective minds about who better took advantage of our (now over) down period :sarcasm:

We aren’t arguing that… Evilo is in denial of how bad DD is a coach. But evilo likes being a bottom I guess.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We are obviously talking about them as coaches.

You had 2 penalties in the final, your age is showing my friend. A tie and remind me who carried the cup?
Yeah and I pointed out that DD won much more as a NT coach. So....
As for the second pen, for some reason I don't remember it. I do remember one of the pen was a complete farce. The Di Maria one. Not that I liked the Kolo one but at least he was slightly fouled.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
DD won more as a NT coach than a guy who hasn’t coached an NT? Hope he signs a life long contract.
Indeed, I know insane logic.
DD managed in club football and was pretty good. He reached a CL final with a team of nobodys.
Something Pep couldn't do.
Heck Pep couldn't reach a CL final EVERY YEAR he had the best team so by your logic, he sucks.

We aren’t arguing that… Evilo is in denial of how bad DD is a coach. But evilo likes being a bottom I guess.
I think you're the only one in denial.
DD is a good coach. Maybe even a great one.
Do I like his football? More often than not, no.
Nor his happy face with a 1-0 putrid win.

But he's damn efficient.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Indeed, I know insane logic.
DD managed in club football and was pretty good. He reached a CL final with a team of nobodys.
Something Pep couldn't do.
Heck Pep couldn't reach a CL final EVERY YEAR he had the best team so by your logic, he sucks.

I think you're the only one in denial.
DD is a good coach. Maybe even a great one.
Do I like his football? More often than not, no.
Nor his happy face with a 1-0 putrid win.

But he's damn efficient.
And who’s won more as coaches? Who plays better football? This has become a pep v DD argument are you sure you want to go down that route?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And who’s won more as coaches? Who plays better football? This has become a pep v DD argument are you sure you want to go down that route?
Oh you can. They have never been managing teams that can be compared.
DD in 2004 played champagne football with a bunch of nobodies, eliminated the Galacticos and reached the CL final.
Something Pep has NEVER been able to do.
He won with OM and then managed to reach 3 major tournaments final in 4 editions which is absolutely incredible, and as I said, possibly unique in the history of NT for a coach.
Yet, here you come saying he's a bad coach and he sucks.

You know what? There's a reason NOBODY except you thinks he's a bad coach.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
i mean the simplest showing of work is that nowhere in this convo did our dear friend Oli suggest that deschamps was as good a coach as pep, which is a bell you keep ringing
I’m sorry keep ringing? I simply asked is that a route you want to go down. Hardly a bell I keep ringing and he brought up Pep not me. Mind you couldn’t even figure out my post about a bad Argentina was clearly satire so I’m not surprised. He was also wrong about the Copas from earlier but what ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad