Euro: Round of 16 - England v. Slovakia - Jun. 30

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Don't know how Southgate can't realize that Foden needs to be replaced with an actual winger. It's so obvious it's painful

I don't think the english have a single natural LB on their roster and also Foden is the only left-footed offensive player they have

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I don't think the english have a single natural LB on their roster and also Foden is the only left-footed offensive player they have
Saka is left footed, and also Foden is not providing any of the balance which is the aim of having a left footer there, so what's the f***ing point anyhow

serp

Jan 17, 2016
“A score line that’s sending reverberations around this tournament”

Is it really though? Are there any non-England homers who are actually surprised that they look like trash? They’ve looked like trash all tournament.

In a vaccum it is but not if you watched the any of the english games

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You'd think Southgate would deploy a tactic that uses inside forwards or inverted wingers considering the players he bought, instead this genius deploys them as wingers.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Is it really though? Are there any non-England homers who are actually surprised that they look like trash? They’ve looked like trash all tournament.

It's just for effect. It's like yesterday when the Swiss beat the Italians and the announcers sounded like it was monumental.

Dawg 3/4 of the planet prob expected a Swiss win there

Reactions: NyQuil

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

I'm not surprised they look like trash, I am surprised they're trailing, and I'd still be surprised if they go out here.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Not that Foden's set pieces have been bad today, but do you think Southgate knows that Saka and Rice were the primary corner takers on the best offensive set piece team in the league (and I think tied the all-time PL record)?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I know losing to Iceland was the ultimate embarrassment, but no-one (besides the English themselves) really thought they were any good. This would be pretty bad as well no?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
With the amount of set pieces the english generated you'd think they would at least create a few scoring chances.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
What a BS yellow on Skriniar achieved there by Divingham. It took him just a year immersed in the Real culture to turn full heel, and it's a shame because he used to be a likeable player, and now he reminds me of Vinicius with all the whining and dirty play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad