Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 205: Austin Moline, D, Shattuck St. Mary’s (MN-USHS) -> Brooks (BCHL) -> Northern Michigan (NCAA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think Noah Cates was drafted out of high school.
He was but without the cameo in the USHL he might not have gotten drafted.

Scott Morrow is probably the answer. Played 8 games over two years in the USHL but stayed at Shattuck and went right to UMass and then the NHL.

Reactions: wankstifier

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Asked a couple of people who should really know about Moline... (since I dont know basically anything)

Basically the read is that since ~2020 when he was considered potentially higher end he just has not developed that well.

Good skater. NHL physical tools.

BUT his hockey IQ has been lacking at every level and his puck skills etc have just not really came on much since he was 15 or so.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This will be an interesting study because his BCHL team is one of the ones moving over from the AJHL. Of course there is so much turnover in that league as it is.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
This will be an interesting study because his BCHL team is one of the ones moving over from the AJHL. Of course there is so much turnover in that league as it is.
Didnt Brooks win the BCHL after they made the mid season jump?

Brooks also has like 90% plus of their roster committed to D1. They aint no joke.

You do not like the pick? If so why not?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didnt Brooks win the BCHL after they made the mid season jump?

Brooks also has like 90% plus of their roster committed to D1. They aint no joke.

You do not like the pick? If so why not?
I think it was an unofficial tournament. They didn’t switch leagues in the middle of the season.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I think it was an unofficial tournament. They didn’t switch leagues in the middle of the season.
they left the AJ. unofficial or not, Bottom line is they will do very well when next season starts. they always pull in the talent.

How about the players on his own team who were better? Just like with Mann.
Such as? Surely you have a scouting report no? Throw out some names. I am done as can see a ban will be coming for disagreeing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
they left the AJ. unofficial or not, Bottom line is they will do very well when next season starts. they always pull in the talent.

Such as? Surely you have a scouting report no? Throw out some names. I am done as can see a ban will be coming for disagreeing.

It's amazing how many people here think I ban people for disagreeing. I rarely even warn. I typically delete. It's never happened.

Other mods take action and I take the blame rofl.

Also, Drake Murray for dmen. Like with Mann, Moline's not even one of the better players on his team. They're just taking guys based on size alone without a care for actual quality

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It's amazing how many people here think I ban people for disagreeing. I rarely even warn. I typically delete. It's never happened.

Other mods take action and I take the blame rofl.

Also, Drake Murray for dmen. Like with Mann, Moline's not even one of the better players on his team. They're just taking guys based on size alone without a care for actual quality
Drafts are about future potential/upside, not right now potential. Nothing wrong with the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad