Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think Provorov has the feel for the PP, that may come in time, but he doesn't have the instincts that Giroux and Ghost and even Voracek have for seeing who is coming open for a good shot and getting them the puck in time.

He'd actually be better at one of the forward positions on the PP, his shot needs work as far as accuracy, but he has a quick release on a wrist shot with good velocity and he's not afraid to shoot.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
so when is it "ok" to bring Hart up? Let's say he goes 8-2 with a 2.05 GAA and .935 save %...is that good enough? Does he need to play half a season? a whole season?

There is no magic bullet or some bell that's going to ring to indicate he's ready. It's all very arbitrary...Hart is the best goalie in Philly right now and should be playing in Philly.

Patience grasshopper, we're building a dynasty, not a one shot team.

If Hart is ready for the NHL, he will dominate the AHL and it will be obvious he has nothing more to learn.
These things resolve themselves on the ice.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Expecting a 20 year old goalie to have a .935 SV% isn't very realistic. Especially with this team's PK.

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Provorov doesn’t have Ghost’s agility. Ghost’s agility at the blueline is about as good as I’ve ever seen.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What other gookd NHLers have worn #79?

Andrei Markov comes to mind

markov_andrei_habs-1040x572.jpg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Despite being hung out to dry tonight, he has stopped 59 of 64 (.921 sv%) so far in the preseason. At most, I think, only 2 of those allowed were truly stoppable.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He was also saved by his defensemen on some bad rebounds.

Hart needs pro experience, he could survive in the NHL, but I don't think that's the best environment to develop a young goalie who still needs to work on aspects of his game.

Hart is just too important to the Flyers' future to screw around his development, unless of course, Ersson keeps throwing shutouts once he hits the SHL. :sarcasm:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Despite being hung out to dry tonight, he has stopped 59 of 64 (.921 sv%) so far in the preseason. At most, I think, only 2 of those allowed were truly stoppable.

Yeah he didn't have much of a chance last night. The first one maybe but a redirection like that on the PP is hardly a gimme. No chance on the 2nd goal. I don't remember the 3rd goal. I think I missed that one.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
4GP - 4.28GAA - 0.865 SV%

Now, far too early to be panicking but does this form slightly vindicate the decision to send him down?

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

Now, far too early to be panicking but does this form slightly vindicate the decision to send him down?

It's hard to judge his ahl numbers The phantoms give up alot of shots/quality chances he is definately going to be tested there.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

My panic level about Hart is zero, and there was also zero reason for him to start his pro career in the NHL.

Some people often used to trash Stolarz and Lyon based on their save percentages playing for Gordon's Phantoms.... maybe now they will be a little less judgemental.

Stolarz
14-15: 826/913 = .905
15-16: 1287/1405 = .916
16-17: 821/901 = .911
17-18: 29/35 = .829
18-19: 40/47 = .851
AHL SV% .910

Lyon
16-17: 1,286/1410 = .912
17-18: 741/812 = .913
18-19: 42/45 = .933
AHL SV% .913

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyerfan13

smoochy

Oct 12, 2018
I've got high hopes for Hart, basically praying he turns into a stud starter that the Flyers need and never can seem to get

He scares me though. I'm not sold he's a sure fire thing. I've been underwhelmed with him watching the world juniors. Solid but not spectacular.

When I watch him, it's like he's to technical. Which I think worked well in junior but when he hits higher competition and guys who can pick corners, dish the puck off and have more patience the "butterfly take up as much net as possible" might not be as effective. Because he seems to be a little to robotic and I haven't seen the ability to break out of his technical positioning and be more athletic and reactionary when the play doesn't develop as expected.

Hoping his time in the A and adjusting to the pro game helps him adapt because the Flyers really need this kid to pan out.

He's had a lot of comparisons to Price...that's what I'm hoping for.

Reactions: hatcher

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I've got high hopes for Hart, basically praying he turns into a stud starter that the Flyers need and never can seem to get

He scares me though. I'm not sold he's a sure fire thing. I've been underwhelmed with him watching the world juniors. Solid but not spectacular.

When I watch him, it's like he's to technical. Which I think worked well in junior but when he hits higher competition and guys who can pick corners, dish the puck off and have more patience the "butterfly take up as much net as possible" might not be as effective. Because he seems to be a little to robotic and I haven't seen the ability to break out of his technical positioning and be more athletic and reactionary when the play doesn't develop as expected.

Hoping his time in the A and adjusting to the pro game helps him adapt because the Flyers really need this kid to pan out.

He's had a lot of comparisons to Price...that's what I'm hoping for.
No goalie is. Look at his start in the A on a good team. Lots of goalies that have won and were highly touted never made it and he certainly could be one of those but lets hope not.

smoochy

Oct 12, 2018
No goalie is. Look at his start in the A on a good team. Lots of goalies that have won and were highly touted never made it and he certainly could be one of those but lets hope not.
True...tenders are hard to predict and rarely are there any sure things

But damn, for once, could the Flyers not just get that Brodeur, Roy, Belfour type starter and lock up the goaltending position for 10-12 years...

Here's to hoping Hart is that guy. :thumbu:

Reactions: hatcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad