Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 13: Jett Luchanko, C, Guelph (OHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
This potential (likely?) scenario would blast a big hole into one of the FO's main objectives; i.e., make Philadelphia a place everyone wants to play. Well, if they have established enmity with Kurt Overhardt to the point where Buium wouldn't sign with them, that would add to Tortorella's mishandling of Couturier, his apparent feud with Farabee, and scapegoating of Frost as a pretty poor overall environment. Or maybe they just meant a place where washed-up veterans want to go.
It is infuriating that the quality they look for is "wants to be a Flyer" when making their roster decisions. With that logic I should he a Flyer. I've always wanted to be and I suck at hockey

Edit:but I don't try hard so I probably wouldn't get signed

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It is infuriating that the quality they look for is "wants to be a Flyer" when making their roster decisions. With that logic I should he a Flyer. I've always wanted to be and I suck at hockey

Edit:but I don't try hard so I probably wouldn't get signed
How tall are you?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If any ONE of their present D men is ANYTHING like Chris Therien., we are in great hands. Chris was lined up with the opponent's #1 weapon night in night out and did great. So keep that shit up

"Great" is optimistic. He didn't drown playing support to Desjardins who carried him, so there's that. There was nothing dynamic about him. He existed to do little more than try to grind guys down in the DPE. The Flyers haven't realized that doesn't work anymore, yet it remains their ideal.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
At some point the slogan needs ro be Don't get better for McKenna
Very real possibility that we see that type of regression this year. The Torts factor is a big part of that obviously, but i could also see the goaltending just completely bottoming out. I know he was overworked last year, but i don't feel great about Ersson heading into next season and Fedotov has proven nothing at the NHL level besides potentially being a total sieve.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Very real possibility that we see that type of regression this year. The Torts factor is a big part of that obviously, but i could also see the goaltending just completely bottoming out. I know he was overworked last year, but i don't feel great about Ersson heading into next season and Fedotov has proven nothing at the NHL level besides potentially being a total sieve.
correct...

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

Luchanko not on the initial WJC invite. Sounds like he might be in consideration as an injury replacement. He could still make it any way, I think, if he knocks the doors down to start the year, but obviously not great for his chances if he’s left out at this stage.

Yeah, but there are so many younger guys they just can't keep. Jett will get his turn next season. Bonk was rarity to go in draft year. Even Cowan didn't get taken.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I think they’re in the fungible group of bubble teams again. Goaltending is a big question mark in that you don’t really know what you have there. If you’re a bubble team goaltending can ultimately decide your season in regards to making a play off push or sinking you closer to the bottom.
It would be rather depressing to see Fedotov or Sam absolutely shit themselves next season… but on the other hand…

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It would be rather depressing to see Fedotov or Sam absolutely shit themselves next season… but on the other hand…

Yeh... the goalies posting a combined .875 sv% would probably actually be the best thing for the Flyers next season...

picking ~5th would be fantastic. They looked a gift horse in the mouth this year but surely they would not pass on one of the top Cs next year, would they?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How tall are they? Credit to BP for that zinger

Hagens: 5'10
Misa: 6'0
Ryabkin: 6'0
Frondell: 6'0
McQueen: 6'5
Ihs-Wozniak: 6'3
O'Brien: 6'0
Desnoyers: 6'1
Reschny: 5'9
Gavin: 5'11
Kevan: 5'11
Fondrk: 5'11
Moore: 6'2
Kindel: 5'10

Yeh, you know who they are drafting ahahaha. The guy who is 6'5 and 2 weeks too young for this draft.

Jokes aside on paper any of the top 4 if they keep developing would be a god-send.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
picking ~5th would be fantastic. They looked a gift horse in the mouth this year but surely they would not pass on one of the top Cs next year, would they?

But they just drafted a C! Clearly they need D now!

Yeh, you know who they are drafting ahahaha. The guy who is 6'5 and 2 weeks too young for this draft.
Size McQueens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad