Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 13: Jett Luchanko, C, Guelph (OHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Jason Bukala, who is commentating with Chuckles the Sad Clown on Sportsnet, is a former scout I hear a lot on Toronto radio. Check out his final mock draft of who he thinks will go where. Pretty darn accurate. He had Buium at 12 for us, but had him 4th on his personal ranking.

He had Luchanko at 14, compared him to Nick Suzuki. Jason Bukala's 2024 NHL Mock Draft: Predicting the first 32 picks

Reactions: Evergreen

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Jason Bukala, who is commentating with Chuckles the Sad Clown on Sportsnet, is a former scout I hear a lot on Toronto radio. Check out his final mock draft of who he thinks will go where. Pretty darn accurate. He had Buium at 12 for us, but had him 4th on his personal ranking.

He had Luchanko at 14, compared him to Nick Suzuki. Jason Bukala's 2024 NHL Mock Draft: Predicting the first 32 picks
He was the highest on him. You know you f'd up when the guy that was the highest on him wouldn't have even taken him at that spot.

Last edited:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Its funny, the madman was right in the end. Sack of shit little rat.

Michel Therrien showed (Briere) the video and said "No one in the room respects you. No one wants to play with you

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Look, I'm still pissed, but I hope he does pan out like he does. I hope he's also put on a better team, especially just one that's away from his current terrible team.

But when you have other and better BPA on the board, especially a center, you don't go for this guy. You wanted a center? Why the f*** would you pass Helenius?

I'm glad we got someone fast. It's good he's a two way. But I sure as f*** hope his offensive game actually shows up.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Forgetting who else was available for a second.

He's a really young kid, 18 in August.
He's a physical freak for his height. Absolutely smashed the combine, and still has room to grow.
Scored 35% of his teams offense, one of the worst offensive teams in the league.
Is an elite skater and rated as having great hockey IQ.
Plays ES, PP and PK.

I mean, he's definitely going to become Rod Brindamour and you can't convince me otherwise.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

He's a physical freak for his height. Absolutely smashed the combine, and still has room to grow.
Scored 35% of his teams offense, one of the worst offensive teams in the league.
Plays ES, PP and PK.

I mean, he's definitely going to become Rod Brindamour and you can't convince me otherwise.
My friend, you are speed running the stages of grief here.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Plays ES, PP and PK.

Do you ever stop consuming orange kool-aid?

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Do you ever stop consuming orange kool-aid?
Regardless of how we got here, it doesn't change who the kid is. He has some pretty major positive attributes.

This literally has absolutely 0 connection to drinking the kool-aid. I don't know how many times I have to explain the process was stupid, but the player looks good.

*I didn't think I would have to explain, but the Brindy reference was a joke.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Suzuki comparison is just hilariously lazy. He has a similar build, righty center, summer birthday. I cannot watch that footage and see anywhere near the innate skill and creativity. And Suzuki grades as a better defensive player in the NHL!

Tbf to Luchanko... he is more similar in terms of ability level in draft year to say Frost.

I don't see it, Alex. Frost's skating had way more upside, along with his underdeveloped body type. The puck skills don't look all that close on first watch. I had Robert Thomas at a point/game 10th ranked that year too. I'm skeptical I see that latent ability with Luchanko. There's a lot of average skills.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I suppose a bright side is that this kid is like 3 weeks from being in the 2025 draft. A point per game in a D-1 season on a bad team would be pretty promising. I think next year will tell how good or how bad of a pick this is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad