Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 13: Jett Luchanko, C, Guelph (OHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
His class relative age is a plus, but he's also close to physically mature. His production is better than it looks on paper, leading one of the worst scoring teams.

I just watched 1 game, and his tape is.......as advertised. Intelligent positionally, some subtleties, floor-ish. I like him just fine on first impression. But he looks like a guy closer to Florida's pick. Denver Barkey -- our 2nd best prospect? -- is more skilled, and I don't have to think twice about it. Average athleticism, average skill. Honestly, he basically looks like Canadian Helenius where's aggressively fine, but I'm seeing no pop. Middle 6 might be his 90th percentile outcome. He looked pretty good on the PK! The PP is irrelevant in this organization.

Maybe another watch or two something clicks. It's not there yet.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Torts pick through and through. Will be a 4th liner at best. f*** this team. What an embarrassment. I'm so mad I hope Michkov asks for a trade.
Torts has absolutely nothing to do with the draft. Even Cuck stated that in the studio. This is just a lazy take for a pick you don't like.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I hope the kid doesn't visit this board to read shit like this about him by someone who's probably never seen him play.

I do know there were much better players on the board at 12 and at 13, Flyers chose none of them. Buium was a top 5/ top 6 guy and Helenius would of been an actual 2C, minimum. But you know, we have to go for the guy who may barely play.

Torts has absolutely nothing to do with the draft. Even Cuck stated that in the studio. This is just a lazy take for a pick you don't like.

The pick screams f***ing Torts.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
You defending this pick despite almost assuredly not knowing anything about him before the Flyers took him is also a lazy take.
I'm not defending the pick at all. Reading comprehension goes a long way. The process for selecting him was stupid, if he was going to be available around the 20th selection. I even stated as much, literally in the first post.

What's lazy, is calling this guy a Laughton, or "nothing more than a 4th liner" because of one single phrase of "he plays the right way".

I haven't seen a single tape of him, I didn't even know this guys name before the draft. But I'm also not going to sit here and absolutely slate the kid because he got picked by the franchise 7 picks sooner than he was predicted.

I'd be surprised if we couldn't have taken Buium, and traded up for this kid. But I'm also not on the draft floor. Ffs, a bolter ended up in the top 3!

Reactions: Evergreen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad